Originally Posted by DixieFreedomz
This idea that voting is flawed from the get go and enslaves those that lose...

I ain't buying into that.

I'll grant you this; in our current climate of a totally divided society where the communist democrats have gained power it almost seems that your argument has merit; BUT we are in fact a nation on the brink of civil war, all divided and antagonistic, and our differences can NEVER be reconciled.
Which is precisely why the Founders established our nation as one of local internal self-governance, not national. They knew that our nation, even then, was too large and too diverse in views to long remain a union if laws affecting "the lives, liberties, and properties of the people" were settled for all in Washington, but that's just what has happened. The power to legislate concerning all these matters has been shifted to the Federal Government.

It's bad enough that the Federal legislature has been handed this power, but often it's the courts, not even an elected body answerable to the people in the election process, that's been given this job.

This is the problem. The Founders put in place very few checks on the Federal Government's powers in this regard precisely because the system they established didn't delegate to the central government any power to legislate concerning these matters in the first place. All such was to be handled at the state and local levels.
I have come to conclude that multiculturalism is simply sanctified suicide.
Can't argue with that.