Personally, I would not want to shoot a bullet that heavy in a 223 due to a really poor trajectory at ranges of 300 yards and shorter.

A 50 and 55g Bullet will get the job done without having tricky trajectory.

I have killed a bunch of yotes with a 223 using the Sierra 50g Spt, 55g Winchester, 55g Sierra lead tip blitz, and the 55g Sierra BTHP.

You never have to worry about the bullet detonating on the surface with any of these bullets, they will punch holes through both shoulders.

The 55g Winchester is a very soft bullet, loaded with 26.5g of Win 760 is one of the most fur friendly loads in the 223 that I have ever found, and has the omph to take out a lion or javelina also. I also killed two does with the same load, dropped in their tracks. The cheap 55g Win is one whale of a yote bullet.

Today, there is kinda a politically correct thought train that you need to shoot a plastic tip bullet, don't get caught up in it. It is amazing at how a 50g Sierra Sp kills yotes, also.

N-133 with the 50's and N135 powders will maximize the speed with extreme accuracy out of the 223's.

I shoot a load with the 50's at 3500 fps and the 55's at 3400 fps with 1/2" groups at 200 yards.

If you are shooting an AR, then I would go with the Sierra 55g BTHP...unreal accurate bullet and a little tougher for the faster twist that you probably have in the barrel.