Of course you can neck size with a full length die, just as easily as you can with a set of neck dies..Unless you have custom neck sizing dies made from your fired cases its a waste of money to buy neck sizing dies..

Here is how to neck size in a FL die set:

Take a kitchen match and smoke the neck black, don't cook the case btw, just blacken it, some folks use a marker..

Then set you die up about 1/4 inch I suppose from the shell holder...The resize the case and you will see a line in the blackened neck as to where the sizer starts, keep turning the die down until the line is about half way down the neck..stop there and you have a neck sized case..be sure and check this in your chamber and if its too tight then you may have to continue down a bit until it chambers..This usually works pretty well but factory chambers can be pretty sloppy so you never know.

I have done a lot of experimenting with neck sizeing as opposed to full length resizing and I have not found one advantage to neck sizing a case other than on a 0 tolerance bench rest chamber, and never would I even consider neck sizing a hunting rifle cartridge..That is a disaster in the making and I have seen this happen a million times to hunters including myself early on...bullets stuck in the chamber, powder all over and in the magazine, a case that wouldn't feed into the chamber, missed opertunity at game..It will happen unless your so anal as to chamber every cartridge as you load it and even then I have seen them fail in the field.

I know this subject is open to arguement, so argue it out without me, I said my opine and my head is made up! smile smile smile