TC1, I apologize if you thought I was making a snotty comment to you about wood selection. Another poster on this thread has previously let me know that I got ripped off on this rifle because of the cross-grained wood. I admit that I didn't notice that it was cross-grained, so I guess I'll just take a loss on this rifle and have it re-stocked in some California walnut that has been approved by an expert. I suppose I am stupid to rely on the judgement of the man who stocked the thing.

Actually your wood description was helpful to me, and the stock on your rifle from Dressels is absolutely gorgeous. Sorry I was not more clear.

Mtnman, I appreciate the positive comments on this rifle. I can hardly wait for it to get here. And don't feel bad about building up a Mauser, I have a weakness for good Mausers; especially those with nice wood and well thought out design.

Please keep posting pictures and information, I'm learning from all of ya'll's projects.

Take care,
ss

No words of mine can hope to convey to you the ringing joy and hope embodied in that spontaneous yell: �The Americans are coming; at last they are coming!�

I hadn�t the heart to disillusion them.

John "Pondoro" Taylor
Africa 1955