He was instrumental in three ballot initiatives which funneled heavy Outside cash into Alaska politics. I did more than my part twice, financially. I also donated a NIB 700 to one of the causes for use as a fundraiser.

We lost the ballots and are now paying the price in many ways. The ungulate populations in most of AK have hit rock bottom and only the areas with heavy predator control actions have started the recovery.

Many areas of AK have been shut down completely to non-resident hunting, BTW, becuase of the crash. Unit 16, directly West of Anchorage is a perfect example.

One effect of the crash has been the creation of huge numbers of moose tags as drawing-only hunts, which had been a rarity here.

He was noted for doing illegal stuff in addition, such as releasing legally trapped wolves in others' traps, while documenting it. I could go on, but will leave it at the fact his science was twisted.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.