Originally Posted by IntruderBN
Originally Posted by ART338WM
Godog57,
And as far as only allowing resident hunters on federaly owned (read that all Americans not only that states residents owned) land, Im all for that just as soon as any state that wants it that way pays back all the federal tax money it has received and used for used land management/improvements, game management/improvements and all the money it has received for past NR tags which BTW makes up a large if not huge part of most states WL budgets. You guys already get any where from 75% to 88% of the bull tags as it is, what the hell rite do you have saying I can not hunt on land owned by all tax payors?
And dont even think about handing me that old stand by BS line that I can do anything else I want to on federal land but hunt because your states G&F dept manages the heard when you would not have any where near the $$$ to do so without the $$$ you get from NR tags. Not to mention combined the litterally 10s of millions of dollars non-res hunters spend in your states EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Wow. Sorry I offended you, but your logic is precisely the argument that USO Outfitters used to sue AZ and NV about 5 years ago in order to up the non-rez quota. Why, you might ask? To placate its typical client: The one I've learned to abhor every bit as much as the outfitters themselves. I've seen what's happened to the Gila over the last 30 years. It's trashed. Absolutely trashed with 2-rut tracks. Why do you think I pick on non-residents? My perspective is MUCH different than yours. Anyone I've ever had a run-in with happened to have an out-of-state plate on their equipment (usually from that big state just to our East), and they're usually tagging along with one of a number of local outfitters. We've all got our pet-peeves, I guess, and I do agree with you that our fellow hunters pose more of a threat to our lifestyle than PETA ever will...Then again, I also have a strong opinion about rifle hunters smile...fire away!

Funny you mention that Intruder. I've hunted NM several times and the absolute laziest, trashiest, idiotic, worthless road hunters I've ever seen were usually RESIDENTS of NM. Seems to me the majority of NM residents there think game can only be killed from a vehicle. Not all NM residents are like that, I understand.

But I think sometimes states need to look in their own mirror before throwing blame elswhere.

Bill