Originally Posted by Mule Deer
+1 to saddlesore's post.

Those who understand cup-and-core bullets will always gets what they want out of Sierras. Others will demand something that works to some other ideal than killing the animal.

So how do we explain the 165 in 06 in and out through a rib each time, around 120ish yards, never opening up, and never killing the deer through both lungs?

The SAME way we explain the Barnes bullets here and there supposedly(I've never seen it) not opening.

I was sitting and thinking after I replied a minute or so earlier, when still doing taxidermy I saw a lot of bullets and without a doubt the game king was the one most likely to have seperated from the jacket. Of course we do note that every deer brought to me was already dead.

I think you both nailed it on location of shot and the one I mention was pure fluke. Run it at suggested speeds and distances and all will generally be well. But that limits uses and such and thats enough of a reason for me to at a minimum to think bonded as a minimum.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....