I use a Nikon Monarch 800. They should really call it a Nikon Monarch 563 because that's as far as I can actually get a return on anything other than aluminium street signs. Its plenty good enough because I know what 600 yard deer look like. Way too far away for me to shoot. I wouldn't push a shot past 400 because I don't have the facilities to practice any further than that.

I have 3 scopes that aren't on a rifle that I'd consider for this rifle. I have a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 with LR Duplex, Leupold VX-III with 4.5-14x40 AO with standard Duplex. I also have a Swarovski 3-9x36 with a standard plex.

I've been playing with the 30-06 and the 3-9x VX-II with the LR Duplex. It seems pretty simplistic. Zeroed at 200, the bullets strike a bit low of the first dot at 300 and between the second dot and where the stadia thickens at 400. I'm guess the LR duplex was probably meant for the flatter shooting calibers. Unless I move my zero closer, I don't see how the dots will do me a lick of good on the 30-06. They seem to be kinda nifty on an M700 in 243 using 70gr Ballistic Tips though.

Last edited by Dan360; 11/08/09.