Just work up handloads. Seldom have I seen an M77 that won't print 1" or better with nothing more than working up a load. If I were working up a load for an -06 I'd get a box of 165 gr balistic tips, and work up using H-4350. Once you work up to max with bullets seated to the lands, see how 10, 25 and 50 though off the lands works. I would be suprised if you didn't find a combo that produced a 3 shot group with two in one hole and the third opening the group to 1/2-3/4 inch.

If you don't have a lathe and can't zero the bore to 0.0002" tir or less, do not attempt to recrown the barrel! I've used the brownells 11 deg target crown tool hand powered and have always been disapointed in the accuracy. Since I started re-crowning in a lathe by dialing the bore as close to zero tir as I can read, I've been much, much happier with the results.

I'm firmly convinced that crowns that look ok can still produce sub standard results. I'm also firmly convinced that a good properly cut crown will do more to aid accuracy than another other gunsmith service with a factory barrel.