I wish I had a picture of a first generation Scirocco I recovered a few years ago from a whitetail. I put the bullet down while skinning the deer and forgot about it. Came back later and it was gone.

Anyway, and I know it's not all that relevant to discussing the second generation bullet, that thing was flat as a pancake with virtually no bullet shank remaining and was about as wide as a half dollar. I shot this deer from about 15 yards and was in a tripod stand at the time. The shot was right behind the shoulder and I expected to find an exit wound on the other side lower than the entrance considering I was shooting down at it. Instead the bullet didn't exit, but veered almost 90 degrees to the left and upward, ending up under the skin of the deer's right shoulder. It must have flattened out within the first 2 or 3 inches and then, for lack of a better word, it "hydroplaned" up and to the left. I guess shooting them that close with a .300 Wby will do that. What's astonishing to me is that a deer can take a hit like that and still run 50 yards, which this one did.

Weiners are health food - My dad