Originally Posted by RickF
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Side note, I kind of like the feel of the A-bolt Ti. It's lighter than the Montana, it costs more than the Montana and I'd bet it'd feed better and would should circles around the Montana day in and day out. And lastly it doesn't have the obnoxious beer belly that the Montana does.

It aint a cheap date however....so who's gonna be the guinnea

Dober

Mark,

A good friend picked up a Browning Ti a couple of years back in 270WSM. Stupid camo stock, the whole 9 yards.

FWIW I had recommended he get a Montana, but in all honesty I don't think a Kimber would be any better. The Browning stock is very comfortable, you can't make that rifle bobble, and if you want to be a bit generous you can say it shoots into an inch as issued. I did talk him into having it bedded and the crown touched up.

He loves that rifle and has used it a lot in the past two years. That said he is a hunter, not a shooter. The rifle has probably seen 200 rounds in that time.

It is worth mentioning that when working up loads for it with the 130 TSX, we ran into pressures 150 fps sooner that I expected or my Nosler manual predicted. I wouldn't be happy with that, he loves it because I kinda forgot to tell him! wink So far deer, a couple of elk and at least one bear haven't known the difference.

One thought...for what he paid I could have had one hell of a nice little custom built.

Hmmmmm, .270WSM-150fps= .270 Winchester, right?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.