By reading this and threads in the past, you would swear that the only guns that fail are Brownings. Gunsmiths would be in trouble if this were the case.
I personally have seen more gun failures out of remingtons than brownings.....one example is my Dad and a couple uncles have 742's that seem to jam on about 2 out of 5 shots. My other uncle and his son have BAR's and I have never seen them jam.

My Dad and I own 6 A-bolts or X-Bolts from 270's through 325's and they have never missed a beat except when my Dad tried to stuff his 300 Win Mag shell in my 7mm WSM.

Noone has questioned their accuracy out of box. It seems like if I buy something else such as a remington 700 (which we have multiple of), the first thing that I have to do is take it apart and have mods done in order to catch up to the accuracy of a Browning. They should sell those guns in individual pieces so it is easier to replace parts with aftermarket stuff.

The only performance based negative comment is about hunting around big water. I was on Kodiak Island with my wife viewing some bears and the guide had a 338 with that wasn't a Browning. This thing was completely brown....to the point that I would have been a bit nervous shooting it. I could be and am probably wrong, but i would be surprised that the rough salty environment discriminates and about any blued steel, regardless of origin, would start to corrode.

As far as which country it comes from, I wonder how many on here or their significant others drive a Toyota or other "Jap" car.
This is not an attempt to stoke fires, I have a few buddies that preach and preach this anti-foreign products and foreigners in general, and then you look in their garage and wonder.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.