Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
It'd be kind of interesting to load em both to the same pressure (325 and the 200 and a 06 with a 200) and then do some penetration tests and see how they faired.

Obviously using the same kind of 200 in each. Thinking I'd still be for betting that the 06 would stay with and or beat it when it comes to penetration. But, I could be wrong...been so many times b4.

Be a fun test at any rate.

Dober

Not quite the test you're looking for but this past hunting season a pard and I went on a moose hunt. He was packing a 300WM and 200gr A-Frames, I was packing my 325WSM and 200gr Accubonds. Both of us killed and had similar shot angles and distances.

Granted it was one small test, but I was impressed. My pard shot his moose at about 75 yards, 3 shots, first was a little high above the spine and dropped the bull he got to his feet after a minute or so and he shot it it again behind the shoulder, it stood so he shot it again through the shoulder and it dropped. Upon inspection and dismantling we found 2 of the bullets lodged under the hide on the oposite side. Nice mushrooms and from the looks of it very high weight retention.

My bull was about 100 yards, broadside, I put one right behind the shoulder. The bull spun and started trotting for the trees at the shot. I wasn't 100% sure I'd hit him due to lack of reaction, but knew that the liklyhood of missing at that range was very slim so I gave him a THS. he dropped on the spot.

Upon disection, the first shot blew cleanly through, the second was never recovered, nor did we gut him to see how much penitration it acchieved. I know it made it up through to the stomach however, and likely farther but thats the extent of my autopsy.

One instance is hardly enough to draw a conclusion from, but my experiences with Accubonds on 15+ other large animals in various other calibers has led me to have great confidance in thier performance. There is nothing up here that I wouldn't hunt with a 325.