I met with the new owner of Serengeti/Kilimanjaro a couple of months ago. Actually I have known hm for a couple of years. He's a lawyer from Hawaii named Erik Eike, and I met and hunted with him on a couple of African safaris that Serengeti put together.

He's a VERY avid hunter and shooter, and a good guy. He also has the money to make the company go, and the original partners who got it from Mel Smart didn't. Erik is doing some smart things, including retaining Gene (as chief stockmaker and gunsmith) and keeping the shop in Kalispell. Only the business office will be in Hawaii.

Erik is also doing a lot more promotion, and the right kinds of promotion, something that didn't happen very often with the former Serengeti people.

I have been around the company since Mel's days and it has been interesting to see the changes in the stocks, plus the company in general. The stocks always did work the way Mel designed them to, providing a MUCH better looking laminated stock. But the stuff they are doing these days is really top-notch. It will be interesting to see how much of a market there is in today's economy.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck