My Accurate Innovations stock purchased back when they first came out was a problem. I was told they made one for a magnum Mauser action, waited six months to receive one for a standard length action. Took awhile to mill out the aluminum chassis to fit the longer magazine box. It arrived dented from inadequate packaging as an extra feature. I hope the new owner does better, it's a good concept.

Originally I was going to order one of Mel Smart's AccuBond laminate semi-finished stocks, but chose the A. I. stock instead. Received an email that Mr. Smart was in the hospital shortly afterward, unfortunately he never recovered. There was no going back.

Kilimanjaro doesn't offer semi-finished stocks, so I'll not likely do business with them. Indeed I have little use for custom rifle makers since advent of the Savage action. I can sit here and order everything I need for a complete rifle, assemble and finish it myself. Icing on the cake is that the home cobbled rifle shoots as well or better than expensive custom builds. Unfortunately I'm better served by working rifles, although the few I have with exhibition grade wood are a joy to view and handle.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 12/20/09.