Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by Mosaic_Lynn
Originally Posted by Swampman700
I got plenty of them and so did my kids. The Bible says if you don't spank them, you hate them. What else do we need to know about the subject.

My father beat me a couple of times a week into my teenage years, he was good at it too. Then he gave up the booze, and the beatings stopped, well, the physical ones anyways. He must of loved me more than anyone....

Lynn

Yeah. Me too. But my dad was stone sober. I turned out okay, but it was in spite of the beatings.

Swore I wouldn't with my kid and pretty much did. Spanked him twice. Once when he ran out in the road and I wanted to make an impression on him.

Another when he was biting other kids. Told him I'd spank him if he did it again. Regretted telling him that but had to follow through when he did it again. He never bit anyone again, but I felt pretty bad about it.

He beat me drunk or sober, but stopped after the drinking. Emotional and mental crap kept up though. Left home at 18 and swore I would never do to my kids what was done to me. Spanking happened, very rare, but never a beating.

Lynn