Just e-mailed Craig my personal invitation to join us.

Haven't had time for a response to come back, of course.
PS: Here it is (below).

FWIW, I don't worry that we'll insult Craig away from regular visits here � I worry that if we don't use a little judgement, discretion, and restraint, we'll wear him out. Let's not forget that although he's outstandingly prolific, he already has a lot of big cups to fill. Let's never forget (if he joins us here) that our cup is an add-on for Craig, and filling it is not an obligation.

Hi, Craig!

A few years back, I agreed to go along with several guys' request that Rick Bin start a new 24-Hour Campfire forum, "Ask Ken Howell." A bit later, I noticed that John Barsness, Steve Timm, and Tom Turpin were looking-in occasionally, so I asked Rick to rechristen the forum "Ask the Gunwriters," which he did. No one was more delighted than I was to see it become, in effect, the "Ask John Barsness" forum. A few other writers � some I know, some I don't � have further enriched our company and our dialogues. Unfortunately, friend John has to leave us to spend more time doing Q&A for the Handloader and Rifle web sites.

Your name comes-up often in the threads about favorite gun writers, almost always with positive connotations, so I know very well that with the possible exception of a few constipated coprophages, our guys regard you as highly (well, almost, anyway!) as I do.

So I'd take it as a great personal favor if you'd join us as a regular on the "Ask the Gunwriters" forum. I know that you've posted a few times on the "Big Game" and "African Big Game" forums in the past � what I'm asking you to do is something quite different.

Here's how I suggest that you go about it �

� Do not announce yourself unless you just want to (to acknowledge my request or the guys' waiting welcome, for example). If you like, read this thread and respond if and however you like: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...p;vc=1&nt=2

� "Tune-in" to "Ask the Gunwriters" and read the threads that interest you and respond to any that inspire you to answer.

� Use any "name" that you like � "Craig Boddington," "CB," "Craig B," "Ol' Jarhead," "Corps to the Core," whatever. I go by "Ken Howell" there, not by any of the noms de plume that I've used in the past. John Barsness is "Mule Deer;" Steve Timm is "Dogzapper;" Tom Turpin is "Tsquare;" Richard Mann is "Whitetail;" a former screenwriter in Boise is "Lean Wolf," for example. The guys usually discern who's talking to 'em, no matter how AKA, and many of us check the user profiles to put a real-world name to anyone using a cryptic screen name.

You'll find, I think, a few pretty nice personal rewards and insights as a participant (active or passive) in our discussions.

I sincerely hope that you'll join us for at least a while.

No need to answer this e-mail specifically. When you join us, I'll know.

All the best to you 'n' yourn, now 'n' ever!

Ken Howell