greydog;
Thanks for the input, I hope you know that I always value your opinion very highly.

It was because of you and RickF that I heard of Wildcat Composites and gave them a whirl on both of your recomendations.

The only downside at present is that I just put a longer stock on our youngest daughter's .250AI and now she really, really thinks she needs a Wildcat stock on her Remington instead of the lightened laminated one I put on. grin

Thanks for the clarification on the floorplate/mag box material. I bought 2 of these unfinished from the chap in Vernon who ended up with a bunch of Parker Hale stuff and was in fact told these were Parker Hale units.

The whole project went quite well until my wife bought that ----scale and offered to let me use it. cry

There is nothing like actually weighing things and knowing the truth instead of guessing. frown

When I think about it, she bought me the chronograph all those years ago and made me throw out all my - up to that time - perfectly good ballistics theories. laugh

I hope you and yours are doing well sir. Perhaps I'll make it to the Kamloops show this year. I'd love to meet you in person and buy you a meal or at least a coffee.

Thanks again for all the help you give me.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"