John;
Thank you for the information on Eileen's rifle, as you surmised correctly I am always interested in those sort of details. blush

Hey that's part of what makes us Loonies, correct?

It sounds like a wonderful project and as I believe I've said before, a reasonable fellow would have started with a small ring Husky to begin with.

I worked on a logging truck driver's Husky in .308 this fall and it was a beautiful handling rifle with an exceptionally smooth action. The Swedes surely didn't take a back seat to the Germans when they wanted to make something well - or so I've come to believe anyway.

I wouldn't have been able to reach that weight without the help of several folks here on the 'Fire who put me onto the stock maker out of Edmonton, the folks with the light recoil pads in Dawson Creek and finally the lighter bottom metal as mentioned above.

If you are so inclined when you are done the project rifle John, why don't you put up a photo or two on your rotating photo album? I'm certain I'm not the only one who would like to see the finished product.

All the best to you and Eileen in 2012 John and thanks for the input and information.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/27/11. Reason: added info

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"