genehunter.....i don't handload as yet for the 9.3....i shoot nosler's loaded ammo and norma's.....both the nosler loadings have noticeably more recoil so i presume that they are a little faster.....the norma 286gr. alaska's,oryx,and plastic point all shoot to the same spot elevation but just slightly right or left.of center....i've not tried their 232gr. loadings yrt. i think that normas listed muzzle velocities could be a little overstated just because of the difference in recoil.....i think that nosler's ballistics are a closer to reality....i don't think that the 20.5" barrel makes much difference in velocity unless you have one with a 26" barrel as i believe atkinson does.....i take my 9.3 black bear hunting in PA. but have only passed on small ones so far.....have seen a couple really good trophy quality bears but they were to far or just flying through the timber....i dont want to shoot one in the rump although in PA. i think alot of guys think thats a good shot.......regards.....bearit...