There is a certain deer stand on my place and out from it a way is a down log with bush growing up behind it. Many times in low light or fog I have seen one fine buck standing there. Never shot it but I can understand how it could happen.

On a lighter note, I had a friend who had a tree limb sticking out on his place that looked just like a nice buck. He decided to play a joke on another guy one season and while driving through the pasture one day with the guy he was going to play a joke on, my friend pretended to look in the direction of the tree limb and say, "Hey, look at that good buck!" He hardly even looked at the limb when he said it and was giggling to himself as his friend had him stop the truck. He was giggling even harder when his friend opened the door and rested his rifle. It was all he could do to contain himself when his friend lined up the shot and shot his "deer".

On the drive over, my friend was now giggling so hard that the other guy was beginning to suspect that something was up. And my friend was outright laughing out loud, right until....they walked up on the very nice ten point buck laying right beside the tree limb that looked like a deer. laugh