This is going to hurt. This is my old reliable that has taken some ten bull elk for me, a couple of caribou, and deer too.

It's a Shilen semi-custom .340 Wby with a shilen premium barrel, 24" long and .72" at the muzzle. It's capped as it's threaded and there is a KDF Recoil Arrestor with it too. This rifle has a heavy, single leaf rear sight and hooded bead front sight regulated for a 250-gr Nos Part at 100 yds. The trigger is a Timney at 3 lbs; it has a Colt extractor; a model 70 type 3-position safety. The action has been trued, blue-printed and IIRC all the metal has a teflon matte finish. The bottom metal in this picture is the original Remington aluminum but I have all steel Williams bottom metal for it also. The stock, on its third paint job, is a Brown Precision with a textured green paint.

On top is a Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 with a B&C reticle; it is very new. Older but hardly used is a Leupold 4x in the same Leupold QR rings that I always took along as a spare. The QR bases are epoxied on as well as screwed to the receiver with 8x40s.

This rifle has a lot of little dings and scratches; it's been hunted hard but very well taken care of and cleaned after every use. All is functional and in good working order; it has many more hunts in it. The bore is pristine.

I will sell all and ship with both scopes in their rings for $2249.95 !! or the rifle alone with rings for 1749.95 !.

But wait (don't you love those commercials), all the accessories pictured go along with the rifle; this includes RCBS FL die set, a Redding neck die set, three full boxes of Fed Prem Safari 225-gr TBBC cartridges. Also, included is 2+ boxes of very carefully tailored handloads with the 210-gr TSX loaded with R22 and chrono'd at 3220 fps; this has been the load I have found the rifle likes the best thus far and has taken 3 or four elk. There are also two full boxes of Wby .340s with the 210-gr Nos Part included as well as ~ 200 pieces of R-P nickel .340 cases and a bunch of 300 Wby cases which can be necked up to .340 with a tapered expander with one stroke. There are some miscellaneous bullets I will throw in also.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
This extractor EXTRACTS.

[Linked Image]

These are all the accessories mentioned that go with the rifle:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have a few more pic's but you get the idea. The extras as you can see are worth hundreds of $$s but will only go if the rifle goes; simply have to downsize. Other than primers and powder, you'd have all you need to shoot this .340 for years to come.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Georgedevries/IMGP2905.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Georgedevries/Hunting/IMGP2925.jpg[/img]

I also have several pages of handloading notes that would go with too. Three day inspection for satisfaction; if not satisfied buyer would insure and ship back for money back.

PM me any questions.

Last edited by goodnews; 03/10/10.