Hi Jim, I hunted a K22 for 8 yrs. Mine was one of the first hunters, with better wood than the later rifles. You will like the rifle, if you use it within its parameters. It is not a .25" rifle as you know, but it IS THE BEST STILL HUNTING RIFLE EVER MADE. Overall design, balance, and craftsmanship are superb. Much better than the Cooper. The trigger can be tuned to be Jewell quality, and the safety is the best on a hunting rifle currently made.

Now for the bad news: As someone pointed out, extraction is weak. I had to have my extractor replaced initially, and magazine function can be iffy. Its easy to get use to the spent cartridge spinning out on top, just tip the rifle over the side to spill it and go on.

Also, I went through around 6 mags before I found two that worked perfectly all the time.

Still, you can not build half the rifle for twice the cost.

All that said, I sold mine Friday. Trying to fund an Anschutz 1712, which have better barrels. That is the really weak link in the Kimber, its ammo picky like nothing else. Mine was sub-moa with Eley HV HPs, which sadly are no longer imported. It shoots acceptible with Eley SS HPs and RWS SS HPs, and I can make do with CCI HV HPs, but almost everything else is only so so. I bought several bricks of SK HV HPs, the best HV round still imported, and it shot 2 to three inch groups at 50. I love the feel of the rifle, and if you are ok with using one ammo you will be fine. But dont expect to grab ammo off the rack at Wal mart and go drill 10 shot one hole groups at 50 yds.