I, too, am tempted by the Bisley Hunter.

I've got a regular Hunter already, a gun I've owned twice now. Its something of a problem gun. It requires a .433" cast bullet for accuracy and control of leading. The cylinder throats mike .4335, barrel is .432 at the forcing cone, and tapers to .431 at the muzzle. It shoots really well with 300 grain bullets from a custom diameter mold LBT made for me back in the mid 1990s, but its a total waste of jacketed bullets or normal diameter cast bullets.

So ... I don't want to get rid of it, it's a good gun with its bullet, but I'd like to get another .44 to shoot conventional bullets from.

I had a Ruger Bisley .32 mag. I didn't like it. It was butt-heavy in the extreme and difficult to hit with. I've not owned a bisley with the fullsized frame but I've handled a couple ... they're better, but still seem butt heavy to me. I handled one of the Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunters a while back and it feels really good to me, just a hair muzzle heavy so it "hangs" nicely, plus it points really well. Probably going to do it one of these days.

The other temptation is to buy a 10.5" Super Blackhawk and change the grip frame. That might be interesting, too.

I've had 20+ .44s since college, mostly super blackhawks. Had a couple blackhawks in .45 I pushed fairly hard. I like the traditional grip, but when Ruger doesn't fit them just perfectly they leave a sharp spot where the grip frame and "main" frame meet and I wind up with red juice leaking out of my hand too often. I think the Bisley grip will alleviate that problem.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...