Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250
I noticed on the daividsons website that they list both these guns in 41 mag, but I'm not familiar enough with handguns to really see what the difference is between the two. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have one of the Davidson's SBH bisley hunters in 41 mag.
[Linked Image]

Note the longer, more slender grip on the Bisley, above. The trigger is also more rounded, and the hammer is flatter and wider on the Bisley.

[Linked Image]
I purchased my bisley hunter in Oct 2005, at which time the Davidson's website said "out of stock". It still says "out of stock" on this model and has (to my knowledge) ever since I purchased my revolver.

I got mine on Gunbroker NIB for $489. The 41's may still be found on Gunbroker occasionally NIB, but unfortunately prices have increased.

It is my understanding that the 41 mag in this model was produced solely for Davidson's and is therefor a bit hard to find. But the 44 mag hunter is readily available at the larger firearms outlets.

Before I made my purchase, I went to Sportman's Warehouse and fondled the 44 mag bisley Hunter and the standard hunter model. I held out for the Bisley because I could not get my "pinky finger" anywhere near the grip with the standard SBH grip. The revolver feels more secure in my hand when I can wrap all three fingers around the grip. With my fat fingers, that requires the Bisley.

I might recommend you go down to Sportsman's or Cabela's and see what fits your hand best with the 44 mags they have available. Then hit Gunbroker to make the purchase of a 41.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.