Idaho,
As much as I appreciated Jim62's comment about my post my advice would be the same as yours to anyone posting in any thread on the Campfire. Every time I look here for load info or new and neat gun and reloading or fishing advice someone turns a thread or two into a weiner measuring contest and/or there are those (and we know who they are) who dominate the forum in practically all categories who seem to never be wrong about any topic.
The optics forum and ask the gunwriters are the favorites for the name calling and product, political or personal bashing. I have noticed in the past few days that Rick is injecting some new topics for discussion and they are welcome. On the CAmpfire there for everyone to see are a few posting regularly and dominating the discussions and members are staying off the forum because of its current content.
I certainly feel that way sometime. There are a ton of good posters on this forum that post useful info about topics that interest us all and a ton of guys and gals that have a lot of experiences that I would like to read about but having to sift through all the BS to get to the good is getting tougher.
If everyone would just relax and have fun it would help alot. The elementary behavior resulting in bomb throwing and name calling is ridiculous and it would be nice if it stopped.
Every weekend some racer threatens a promoter and says they are never coming back when they are the product of a rule or procedural enforcement. Those are the most famous words in racing. The driver and his crew are the first through the pit gate the following weekend. My point is enforce some rules of standard etiquette and behavior and things will straighten up quick.
If someone thinks they are right all the time then by all means run for office. That way there is a good chrony reading of how right you really are.

Dave