Unit 51 (Howe) for the elk. The antlers aren't nearly as heavy as they are in southeast and water access keeps numbers down,and with the wolves (I saw one and my buddy saw four, along with a den), elk numbers are way down.

BUT, we've hunted that unit for years for cows, and the times my buddies have drawn bull tags, so I think I stand a REALLY good chance of getting one. The hardest part will be finding a good one. Last year I got a spike out with my bow and will probable focus on the same canyon. It's about 3.5 miles past the no four-wheeler point, so that helps keep a lot of guys out.

My antelope is in unit 63, north of Mud Lake. I haven't hunted that unit and I know there is more private property, so I need to get out and start looking. I've drawn three times before, in 1990 out at Medicine Lodge and took a decent buck (15 inches), but later someone stole it's head. (I had nailed the skull above a shed door.) I drew 58 in 1996 as a non-res, then in 2007. 12.5 inch bucks both times, the biggest we could find.) Since the draw odds are 1 in 14, I've gotten lucky on antelope, but that is a lot of yeas of applying!

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221