True... too true. I'm not a big fan of people thinking they can 'buy' points with fancier gear or reloading gadgets, but all too often people (including me) balk at spending x amount of $$$ on a given piece of reloading gear that can provide tangible results, while easily spending several times that on the 'hidden' costs of the sport like fuel, lodging, meals, un-paid time off...

I certainly don't advocate spending more than you can afford, and I think most people can get more benefit from just getting out and putting rounds down range in less-than-perfect conditions... but at some stage you'll reach a point where having a slightly tighter group and more confidence in your shot call will be helpful. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for new or intermediate shooters unless they have nothing else left to spend their $$$ on (like more powder, bullets, and barrels for more practice...) but if you've scraped your way up to where you're making the leaders work for their wins (or are trying to keep an edge to defend your own)... I think pointing and uniforming your bullets certainly can't *hurt* your scores!