J.M.

That would do it. That white patch is sure nice to hold on. Sort of like a pronghorn shoulder. What was the Far Side statement with the bear? Bummer of a Birthmark!

FYE,

We tried an experiment in S.C. many years ago now. Everyone hunted in trees on our hunting lease and the deer had gotten pretty weary of the bigger trees to the point of looking up the larger trees for stands. I had watched them do it. An alternative plan was in order. Went to a good ridge running through the swamp that had no good stand trees and a lot of good rutting sign on it. We dug in a small pit blind with logs and debris covering the trail side of the stand. You could walk to the stand with only a twenty or so steps out of the water. All the dirt was moved away into the swamp and it was left for @ 3 months till the season really got rolling. It is the only time I have ever had an exit wound on top of the opposite shoulder with a bow. Next buck was taken by my hunting buddy from the same stand. He had placed some Tinks 69 about fifteen yards in front of the stand which was @ 6-8 verticle feet above the stand. The exit wound was out of the throat patch after the arrow went in slightly left of center under the rib cage. You just reminded me of that. Best blood trail I had ever seen until expandibles. Great stand as long as "Mr. No Shoulders" stayed out of it.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".