There are a lot of very good gunsmiths out there.

I have a different view of what I would like.

1) Sterling Davenport- He makes a classic rifle of the highest standards that a regular Joe can afford. Everyone that I have looked at was flawless. It is hard to find a custom maker who hasn't laid at least one turkey. I really want to find one in 338 Winchester Mag. I don't have one and would like one of this flavor.

2) Bolliger Mountain Riflery- They are just so nice. I think that this is the direction that Weatherby should have gone. Notice how many used Mark Vs are for sale. They are heavy but they are nice. You never see these for bargain basement prices but with the economic rough patch some are for sale for some good prices.

3) Mel Forbes- He makes a superior lightweight rifle for the tool process. He would be the guy that I would go to for a custom sheep rifle in 264 Win or 270 Roy. It may not be this year but it will be ahead.

4) Jules Labatchini(sic). I also do want a Jules rifle in 270 or 257 Roberts. I know that he has passed but I would like to find one during a time that I am flush.

5) Mike Connor- He used to be in Juneau. I don't know if he is alive. He knew his way around a Model 70 big bore. I wouldn't look away from his work.

7) Doug Turnbull- I wouldn't mind a 475 Turnbull in a lever for another moose and brown bear gun. Someday I will go to Africa. It wouldn't be a bad gun to take along. They look nice as well.

I don't know if I would pay for a Miller, a Echols, or a Hagn when you can almost buy an English Double Rifle for one of their customs.

Sincerely,
Thomas