Hi Guys, Built up a couple of 257RobAI's, First one was on a K98 but the action was too long and so was the lock time. Subsequently purchased a shot out .243Win, M55 Tikka and had a barrel smith friend rebore it and chamber it for BOBAI. It shot 1" groups on fire forming and has held that or better forever.
I have shot a whole mob of goats with it over the years using Sierra 100g SPBT's with an ESTIMATED 3000 fps - All of them perfect shoulder shots although I was amazed out how often the shoulder tended to relocate itself to various parts of the goats anatomy, really quite surprising. While I fell in love with BOB after reading POA, the data I used came from the Sierra loading manual(s). I am not velocity crazy and wanted to make sure this beautiful rifle was going to last me a life time. That was some 30 years ago. Using the Sierra's I don't actually remember any second shots, (I'm sure there was, but none that I remember)death was either instant or with in a few yards, mostly at ranges under 150 yards. Go the mighty BOB, from a friend DOWN UNDER
Bravo 27