I agree w/ Evan and the rest, the two shelter setup is the way to go. So much more versatile. They also take up less room and weigh quite a bit less. This gets even more important when the kids start carrying their own stuff. (Which by the way is wonderful, now that my boys can carry most of their own stuff it has made the whole family backpacking thing much more enjoyable.)

I used to have a Paratipi that the three boys slept in, and the wife and I would sleep in a Supertarp. The boys finally got to big to sleep comfortably in the Paratipi so I sold it and some other stuff and bought the Sawtooth. It just showed up last week so I haven't used it yet. It should get them through the next few years, I figure that by the time they outgrow it they probably won't want to go w/ me as much as they do now. You know, girls and such. Plus, I'm looking at it as my solo winter rambling rig.

Bowtine, I just noticed you are from KS. If I may ask, what area do you call home? We may be neighbors and don't even now it.