Originally Posted by jakethesnake
I like how all you guys think that my post is a joke. I am simply asking because I don't intend on spending 1800 on another Tika or 1200 on another Remington bolt action that is boring to shoot. I have never owned a lever action. I am trying to find out if it will shoot decent, AND still be fun to shoot. Ok, how about more like 250-300 yards, is that possible? I am not a big rifle guy. I own many various and expensive (NOT bragging) handguns. That' s my thing. Not rifles as much. I guess I would like to use this rifle for whitetail hunting and range shooting. If I could get 250 yards out of the rifle, fine. But I shoot pretty good at 300 yards, so I will know what the rifle is capable of after one range test. Just can't find any info on accuracy for these rifles.

If you want long range accuracy I would suggest the 338MX or 308mx but I would also add you just might want to do it quickly as the last New Haven went out the door a few days ago what with everything being moved to NY by Remington. My guess is that QC just might slip for some time in the near future.

BTW there is a guy "Big Med" on MarlinOwners that shoots his 338 at 1000 yards for fun and games, he's ex Military, and his longest kill shot with his 338MX was just under 400 yards. Don't sell the Marlin short as there are those of us who just might put a bolt shooter to shame.

I wish you luck and good hunting, btw welcome to the Marlin family you won't regret it.

[Linked Image]