Have had several Kimbers;have none now. No NULA,but have shot them,and seen them shot.Differences?

JMHO but the NULA is obviously custom made with one of the best high tech stocks in the industry.Mel Forbes is where Kimber went to learn how to make stocks.mel Forbes "invented" super light weight rifles.

Being custom, I will bet the action is more precisely made,fitted, machined,and barreled than a Kimber,having all the little "touches" that are largely below the surface and maybe not visible to the eye, but go a long way to making the rifle shoot and perform consistently.

You might get this stuff in a Kimber and you might not....you WILL get it in NULA,which is why they cost more in the first place.And if something is wrong with a NULA(unlikely),Mel Forbes reputation speaks for itself,and Kimber is.....well......Kimber.

Worth $3k? To me it would be, because you can blow through $3k just trying to get one Kimber that performs the way you want.I know; I've tried.Likely, you will buy a NULA once and it will perform right away..

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.