Somewhat off topic, but it might help the OP make a decision. I am more of a handgun guy than a rifle guy, and I have always loved M1911s. I have always wanted an Ed Brown, but am hesitant to buy one. My favorite 1911 is a Colt CCO I bought for $600 NIB back in 2000. Thinking it wasn't enough, I later bought a Colt Gunsite for around $1400. Now, even though the Gunsite is by all measure a better 1911 for volume shooting, it isn't for carry, and I always prefer to carry the CCO, because of its light weight and because its "hand karma" is just right for me. I am afraid that if I spent $2200 for an Ed Brown it still would not displace the CCO as my "goto" pistol. So, years later, I still have not dropped the coin for an Ed Brown.

I have a half dozen hunting rifles in various chamberings, and I have tried to convince myself that I should sell most of them and put the proceeds into a NULA... if only I could decide on the chambering... do I go 7x57, or 280, or 270, or 30-06? I can't decide...

so... back to the OP, if I was settled on the chambering, and settled on the ergos of the NULA, I would gladly pay the extra cash hands down for the NULA as opposed to the Kimber, because of all the subleties the other posters point out... unless of course, there is another rifle that is your "goto" fav. Then it might not be such a wise expenditure of funds.