Originally Posted by DocRocket

The only reason Kennedy-assassination conspiracists still exist is, IMHO, because untreated Attention Deficit Disorder and illiteracy are so rampant in America today. People get their "information" from snippets of TV and internet hokum and because they lack the patience or reading skills to do any actual research, become self-proclaimed "skeptics" when in reality all they are is misinformed, or willfully ignorant at best.

Anyone who really cares about the truth of the Kennedy assassination, as opposed to just being a tinfoil hat chit-disturber, needs to read Posner's book in full.

I understand your point.

I am simply suspicious of the layers upon layers of "on-time-only" occurrences. (Jack Ruby Killing Oswald, the bullet laying on the gurney, the magic bullet, etc.)

The only thing that makes sense is Oswald. He is a classic president shooting loon.

Everything else is goofy as heck--including the horrid investigation and the Warren report. I consider the entire spectacle to be the most screwed up murder investigation I have ever read.

The hundreds of "Rock Solid" death penalty convictions that have been overturned by DNA evidence does not help relieve my skepticism.

Sometimes, it ain't a vast conspiracy.

Sometimes, people simply screw up.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 08/26/10.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II