Home
http://www.prisonplanet.com/retired-fbi-agent-says-oswald-didnt-kill-kennedy.html
refer him to Hawkeye....he is in charge of all Prison Planet whackjob conspiracy stories
Just more fantasy and stupidity coming from Alex Jones and Prison Planet.
You did it now. The kookbrigade will say it was an inside job, bankrolled by the Elders of Zion, international bankers and of course Bush and Cheney. Anyhow given that little incident at the Bay Of Pigs, I really don't give a ratsass as to who whacked him.
I blame fluoride. The timing couldn't be coincidental.
Originally Posted by Steve
I blame fluoride.

grin
It was Chuck Norris' beard.....

Okay -- I just snorted coke up my nose -- not the white powdered kind -- the black liquid kind -- hurts so much, I almost stopped laughing. grin
A very young George Bush did it!

I blame over - penetration!
Originally Posted by byc

I blame over - penetration!

It keeps getting better.
It was a negro in a PICKUP
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You did it now. The kookbrigade will say it was an inside job, bankrolled by the Elders of Zion, international bankers and of course Bush and Cheney.

That just plain tickled grin.
Lil'Baby Bush really got around, even back then...
Where's Jim Garrison when we need him?
He was shooting from on top of the Hertz sign. It looks like a small Obama with a rifle up there.
No way in Hell that Oswald did it (alone).

The physical impossibilities in the Warren Report are staggering.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
He was shooting from on top of the Hertz sign. It looks like a small Obama with a rifle up there.

I'm gonna shoot that avatar....
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Where's Jim Garrison when we need him?

Jim Garrison. I wonder what ever happened to him? He sure had a theory about the incident in Dallas and other things...
For all I know, Garrison could be dead now.

Steve_NO could probably give us an update on Jim Garrison.

Garrison died in 1992, just short of his 71st birthday.
That's how a conspiracy works. Them boys on the Grassy Knoll they were dead within three hours, buried in the damned desert, unmarked graves out past Terlingua.....

ML
Well boys, I was in the 8th grade, when it came out that JFK had been shot. We didn't have the luxury of TV [at school] or Internet, at that time. I remember spending Thanksgiving, watching the whole proceedings, at home on TV. After all these years, I still think something stinks, on the whole procedings.... I still think there is more to the story.....JMHO.

maddog
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

Having grown up in the Dallas area and having been in the school book depository and on the grassy knoll and been behind the fence where the rail yard is... I call BS on the Warren report because the Zapruder film don't lie...
He probably was shot through the throat from behind but the head shot that shattered his onion came from the right front...
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

I agree.

The film clearly shows JFK getting hit in FRONT.

At the time, many people ran too the sound of gunfire at the Grassy Knoll.

I still suspect that Oswald was a stooge, Jack Ruby had a debt to pay some "mafia" type, and that the actual shooter was on the Grassy Knoll.
BMT;

Yep.

Lord Have Mercy . . .

BMT, VA, and Bart all agreeing at the same time, on the same thread.

It is a terrible OMEN.

grin

BMT
Mtngoat;

I disagree. I think the shooter lived for a few more years. More later.
I must confess.

I can not tell a lie.

I can no longer hide the truth.

I don't know a cussed thing about the matter.
you could not be more wrong. the film shows the exact opposite.
Jorge;

How many critters have you shot, that have all the goo splat back TOWARD the direction of the shot?

How 'bout having the bullet change direction, 90 degrees inside of 3", twice, or more, when encountering no obstruction, after having traveled several inches through obstructions?
Jorge;

You know I respect, but on this one, we are diametrically opposed. And, you ain't on the winning side.

The definition of "futile": Arguing on the internet with people who know they are right and that it's all a giant government conspiracy run by (pick 1)

1) The mafia
2) The aliens
3) The trilateral commission
4) The world-wide zionist cabal
5) The World-wide zionist cabal of mafioso aliens who serve on the trilateral commission.
A few years ago and I don't remember by who, there was a full expose on the shot, complete with computer graphics and of course the Zapruder (sp?) film. Everything was explained. No doubt in my mind it wa a single shooter and it was Oswald. Now as to what support if any he had and why Ruby whacked him, that is an entirely different story but by every measure, it was Oswald and him alone. jorge

Why did Jackie go BACKWARD to get a piece of JFK's head?

Here is a link to the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozx4_4DZp38

It looks like a frontal hit to me.

Every melon, pig, etc, that I ever shot had pieces blow AWAY from the rifle.

The only truth: We will never know for sure.

Just my 2 cents,

BMT
Originally Posted by Mntngoat
That's how a conspiracy works. Them boys on the Grassy Knoll they were dead within three hours, buried in the damned desert, unmarked graves out past Terlingua.....

ML

You know that for a fact?

Hell... I still got the shovel.

whatever evidence there was, had multiple opportunities for manipulation.
The 'eye witnesses' had multiple opportunities for manipulation.

I doubt we will EVER know 'the truth', ya know?

I was in 12th Grade English class when the announcement came over the PA system. I jumped up and yelled "All RIGHT!!" Immediately I knew that was the wrong thing to have said. shocked
A trip to the office followed, where I told the Principal that I realize that saying that was not in good taste, but in all honesty, I hated the SOB, and everything he was trying to do to America.
I walked.........
One thing that I like to remember (and wish that I could remember better) was Senator Goldwater's indignant answer to a TV reporter's insensitive question. Alas, I forget the question, which I remember only as a transparent attempt to trap Senator Goldwater into an equally insensitive answer, which then (of course!) would be fodder for the left to heap shame on Senator Goldwater.

I won't even try to remember the answer verbatim � its flavor's enough � something like �

"Good God! The man's just been shot to death! Have a little decency!"

(IIRC, that question and answer got reported once.)

Oswald got a bum rap, he was pretty cool on karaoke nights:

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Pugs

The definition of "futile": Arguing on the internet with people who know they are right and that it's all a giant government conspiracy run by (pick 1)

1) The mafia
2) The aliens
3) The trilateral commission
4) The world-wide zionist cabal
5) The World-wide zionist cabal of mafioso aliens who serve on the trilateral commission.

Let's fix your list;

A. Mafia / They had lots of reasons.

B. Castro / Retaliation over failed attempts to assassinate him.

C. Our own military / For leaving our troops high and dry at the bay of pigs.

D. All the above.

I have always believed it was "D. All the above".
I'm with Jorge on this one.

Not that it matters.
Have any of you ever shot an animal and the bullet or animal did something unexpected than the norm? I think its one of those things that can't be explained.

It is what it is!

ML
All that [bleep] came later.

All the early blaming was directed at Dallas, Texas, the South, and the "far right." When no right-wing involvement came to light � only left-wing involvement � the left turned themselves inside-out and upside-down to explain it away, to absolve themselves.
Have any of you ever shot an animal and the bullet or animal did something unexpected than the norm? I think its one of those things that can't be explained.

It is what it is!

ML

Multiplicitous flukes, compounded? Versus, BS story? Well, you only have to convince yourself....

+1.

The head shot clearly came from behind. Whether that was Oswald...who knows, but it came from behind.
You make enemies when you get doped up and nearly cause a nuclear disaster with Cuba more than once.
You need look no further than his own administration as to who wanted him gone.

A fella that I had a lot of respect for in not only being truthful, but being a phenomenal shot, stood at the very window they claimed Oswald did. He said on his best day he couldn't have pulled that off, especially with a Carcano. The gentleman happened to be none other than Harry Lawson. In his day, there were few that could come close to matching his skills off their own hind legs.

It is what it is!

ML

[Linked Image]

This is a hog I shot this morning . Is the side nearest the camera the exit or entrance wound ?
We haven't even broached: "pop"..."pop"..."pop"."BOOM"
Curdog;

What does the other side look like?
The shooter on the TV show had an exact reproduction exactly as it happened. He had a Carcano and replicated the shots time and time again. He made it look easy. jorge
Post the clip, because there have been numerous rifle experts that claim they couldn't get off that many aimed shots in that time, much less to the degree of precision. Leaving aside, of course, the physics of the spray pattern, the entry/exit wounds, the audible signatures, the "magic bullet" path and recovery....
Curdog Lets see the other side.

ML
No doubt that shot came from the rear. NONE
[quote=Mannlicher]whatever evidence there was, had multiple opportunities for manipulation.
The 'eye witnesses' had multiple opportunities for manipulation.

I doubt we will EVER know 'the truth', ya know?
YEP.........

The plethora of books and documentaries using similar statements and facts
are probably all a smoke screen.
I saw one of those recreations where the guy doing the shooting was a world class marksman. He was able to get the shots off, but what does that prove? By all accounts, Oswald was an average shot at best, and he was under a hell of a lot more stress. I have my doubts that he pulled it off.
I've read alot on the assassination. Some bogus theories but some things do stand out.

The wounds. Gaping wound in rear of the head, clearly an exit wound not entrance wound as Warren report claims.

The Motorcycle cop who was sprayed with blood and brain tissue as a result of the fatal head shot. He was riding at the LEFT REAR of the limo.

Fragments of skull bone on rear of Limo as well as recovered from grass on left side of street.

The President's own reaction to the fatal head shot as seen in the Zapruder film. his head snaps violently backwards and to the left, he then falls to his left.

All this points to Kennedy's head being impacted from the right front, not from behind and above.
I doubt the one Jorge is looking for but I love these guys and it's relevant.

[video:google]embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=745248745546892501&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>[/video]
Jorge;

Um, no. Frankly. Significant doubt exists, and none of it favorable to the BS Warren Report.
BINGO....
I disagree Jorge... As a matter of fact,I'm confused as to what makes you so sure...
His head jerks slightly forward and to the right, before he slumps to the left and back. The red mist also flies to the right. Freeze frame 314 and notice the mist blurring to the right and obscuring Jackie's face. The reason his body slumps to the left is because he is leaning into Jackie from the prior shot.

It's too bad in this clip you can't freeze on frame 312 or it would be more obvious.
Ahh

I was trying to stay away from the magic bullet.

As a hunter and a medical tech (EMT) the chances of a FMJ bullet falling out of a wound and onto a stretcher are almost impossible.

Then, they were not even sure if that was the stretcher that the president was brought in on.
Another troubling fact is the receipt for a missile given to the pathologist during the autopsy by an FBI agent.

This was described as a shallow wound only penetrating the President's back a few inches. He was wearing a back brace and this slowed the bullet. The brace has since disappeared.

The Pathologists acknowledge recovering a missile from a shallow wound in Kennedy's back. They still have the receipt written by the FBI agent who was at the autopsy.

This would mean a min. of 4 shots fired.

How did the back brace disappear?
Let's see, no stress on shooter, no noise or recoil when dry firing, melon not moving in a car, melon not attached to a human body, and melon not the POTUS. OK, I'm convinced.
I've lived in Dallas, my Mom and Dad lived there, my Grandparents lived there at the time and my Grandpa worked a few blocks from the Book Depository. I've been on the Sixth Floor and stood at the sniper's nest. It is as Bart and VA say. Oswald either didn't do it or had help. My guess is he was involved but never took a shot. Garrison had evidence that this was so. Most of the witnesses that contradicted the party line were dead within a few years.

The rest of the Kennedys were liberal, treasonous scum. I'm not old enough to remember JFK's actual Presidency. I was with my other Grandpa who was babysitting me at the time Kennedy was shot. I have no idea whether Kennedy was a good or bad man. There is no doubt he was assassinated and that more than just Oswald were involved. Our own government has determined that JFK's death was probably the result of a conspiracy. (House Select Committee on Assassinations.) This last superceded the Warren Report and actually said that it was in error.
This debate will live in infamy...and perpetuity with hardly not one person ever changing their mind. Have fun with that discourse,friends; I'm still battling that GD birth certificate fight and don't have time to tell you the facts on this Kennedy conspiracy.
Gotta wonder what evidentiary details the Dallas Police Department and the Texas Rangers would've developed if the Kennedy mafia hadn't kidnapped the carcass, taken it to Washington, and usurped the real investigation virtually before the gun-shot echoes faded.

Couldn't let unclean hands touch that holy body, y'know.
for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.....the shot came from behind
Originally Posted by isaac
This debate will live in infamy...and perpetuity with hardly not one person ever changing their mind. Have fun with that discourse,friends; I'm still battling that GD birth certificate fight and don't have time to tell you the facts on this Kennedy conspiracy.

You have your hands full picking the winner of a college ball game.

Leave the investigation of the President's murder to minds that have more horsepower. LOL. grin

Originally Posted by pahick
for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.....the shot came from behind

Kinda like when a Bus hits you. It goes backwards...
You are seeing BOTH sides . The one nearest the camera has a large portion of the ribcage blown away so the breastbone is gone but you can see the shattered ends of some of the ribs on the near side .

There is a small hole thru the rib cage plainly visible on the far side .

Clear now , or did I confuse you more ?
No doubt about it, those 6.5 Carcanos way over-penetrate.

You have your hands full picking the winner of a college ball game.

Leave the investigation of the President's murder to minds that have more horsepower. LOL. grin

=================================

All that horespower has done a great job of it so far. I need to PM Rick about the audacity of 2nd tier players even feeling they have a right to confront the genius behind LPE,Inc.,Fortune 500's top college prognosticator for the years 2006-2009.
LPE,Inc.,Fortune 500's top college prognosticator for the years 2006-2009.

That's all in the past right? Thought so. I know I lost my azzzz on the IPO. Thinking 2009 went to another company, aka BYC however.
He is delusional again.

Too much extenze will do that to a fella.
Blow Your Cash??
He is delusional again.

Too much extenze will do that to a fella.

==============
How many picks have you changed since I posted the week's winners?
I, like many others here, use your picks as a reverse barometer.
They know better than to lay bets by your predictions Booby, after all, you will be my bitch again after Halloween. wink
I bet he likes that. LOL.
I like replying to you before football season,Leslie. Once the season starts, I'm always seeing your name well below mine!
Yep, yep, till it comes to the big boy games. laugh You know you like being my bitch. grin
I hope your writing skills are in top form come Halloween,punkin!!
I like this thread! Sure did take a wicked turn though---
Your gonna have to do a better write up this year buddy. wink
We should have a side bet this year for those interested and feeling lucky. wink
Nobody wants to talk about magic bullets .
Pretty sure TRH did it with a cordless chainsaw......

[Linked Image]
Well, I'm gonna go do some reading, starting Atlas Shrugged for the 1st time.
When you post your bitch grovel, I'm gonna have a banner made and have a plane fly it over whatever military base you're working at then!

I'm gonna have Hallmark make cards. I'm gonna have it sung to you by singing telegram. I'm gonna write it out on your yard with Round-Up. I'm gonna Sharpie it on your kid's school lunch boxes!!

That would just be the beginning!

What we need is a flashing main-screen icon to indicate when a thread turns from its original theme into more of the same old meaningless mental masturbation.
So you're looking for a new avatar....................................
Originally Posted by Foxbat
We should have a side bet this year for those interested and feeling lucky. wink

"I'm all in" grin
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
What we need is a flashing main-screen icon to indicate when a thread turns from its original theme into more of the same old meaningless mental masturbation.

====================

Ken....this is at least the 5th time this thread has come up in 4 years and the back and forth is always the same. Even mental masturbation needs a side track, at times, to last longer.
Excerpt from Craig Robert's book Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza.

(Craig Roberts was a U.S. Marine sniper and Tulsa police officer)

(1) Unlike Oswald, who failed to qualify on the rifle range in Boot Camp, and who barely qualified "Marksman"-the lowest of three grades-on a later try, I was a trained and combat-experienced Marine sniper. I had spent a year in Vietnam, during which time I had numerous occasions to line up living, breathing human beings in the crosshairs of my precision Unertl scope and squeeze the trigger of my bolt-action Model 70 Winchester and send a .30 caliber match-grade round zipping down range.

Here I was, a professional police officer and writer, looking down at the most famous ambush site in history through the eyes of a sniper. A strange feeling came over me. A feeling of calm, dampening my anger. The trained investigator inside me surfaced and took over my emotions. I began to scrutinize what my senses were absorbing.

First, I analyzed the scene as a sniper. In the time allotted, and in the distance along the street in which the rounds had impacted the target from first report to final shot, it would take a minimum of two people shooting. There was little hope that I alone, even if armed with the precision equipment I had used in Vietnam, would be able duplicate the feat described by the Warren Commission. So if I couldn't, I reasoned, Oswald couldn't.

Unless he had help.

I looked at the engagement angle. It was entirely wrong. The wall of the building in which the windows overlooked Dealey Plaza ran east and west. By looking directly down at the best engagement angle-which was straight out the window facing south-I could see Houston Street. Houston was perpendicular to the wall and ran directly toward my window. This is the street on which the motorcade had approached and would have been my second choice as a zone of engagement. My first choice was directly below the window, at a drastic bend in the street that had to be negotiated by Kennedy's limousine. It would have to slow appreciably, almost to a stop, and when it did, the target would be presented moving at its slowest pace. The last zone of engagement I would pick would be as the limo drove away toward the west-and the Grassy Knoll. Here, from what I could see, three problems arose that would influence my shots. First, the target was moving away at a drastic angle to the right from the window, meaning that I would have to position my body to compete with the wall and a set of vertical water pipes on the left frame of the window to get a shot. This would be extremely difficult for a righthanded shooter. Second, I would have be ready to fire exactly when the target emerged past some tree branches that obscured the kill zone. Finally, I would have to deal with two factors at the same time: the curve of the street, and the high-to-low angle formula-a law of physics Oswald would not have known.

Even if I waited for the target to pass the primary and secondary engagement zones, and for some reason decided to engage instead in the worst possible area, I still had to consider the fact that Oswald made his farthest, and most difficult shot, last. I estimated the range for this shot at between 80 and 90 yards. It was this final shot that, according to the Warren Commission, struck Kennedy's head.

As an experienced sniper, something else bothered me. Any sniper knows that the two most important things to be considered in selecting a position are the fields of fire, and a route of escape. You have to have both. It is of little value to take a shot, then not be able to successfully get away to fight another day. Even if the window was a spot that I would select for a hide, I had doubts about my ability to escape afterwards. According to what little I had read, the elevator was stuck on a floor below at the time in question, and only the stairway could have been used as a means of withdrawal. And there were dozens of people-potential witnesses-below who would be able to identify anyone rushing away from the scene. Not good.

But Oswald was not a trained or experienced military sniper. He was supposed to be little more than some odd-ball with a grudge. And for whatever reason, had decided to buy a rifle and shoot the President of the United States. Or so the Warren Commission would have us believe.

(2) Knoll and the Picket Fence, which I had purposely saved for last. I walked up the slope and around the fence, arriving in a parking lot that was bordered on the northwest by train tracks. I walked the length of the fence, stopping at a spot on the eastern end.

I looked over the fence at Elm Street and froze. This is exactly where I would position myself if I wanted the most accurate shot possible considering the terrain I had explored. It had some drawbacks-it was close to witnesses, and prone to pre-incident discovery-but the advantages far outweighed the disadvantages for a determined assassin. The target vehicle would be approaching instead of moving away, thereby continually decreasing the range; the shot would be almost flat trajectory, making the down-angle formula a mute point; the deflection (right/left angle) would change little until the car passed a freeway sign on the north curbline; and finally, it offered numerous escape route possibilities. Behind me, to the north and west, was a parking lot full of cars, a train yard full of boxcars, and several physical terrain features to use as cover during withdrawal. It was by far the best spot.

Looking almost due east, across the grassy open park-like Plaza, I could see two multi-story office-type buildings approximately the same height as the Depository. The roof tops of either building would be excellent firing positions for a trained rifleman with the proper equipment, and would be the places I would select if I wanted the best possible chance of not being detected in advance. Without going to the roofs of each, I could not determine the accessibility of escape routes. But for firing platforms, they were ideal.

Then, considering the possibility of multiple-snipers (which meant a conspiracy), I had to ask myself how I would position the shooters to cover the kill zone in front of the Grassy Knoll?

My military training once again took over. I would use an area within the Plaza that would afford the best kill zone for either a crossfire or triangulated fire. Simply put, I would position my teams in such a way that their trajectory of fire converged on the most advantageous point to assure a kill. In the military, single snipers are seldom used. Normally, the smallest sniper team consists of two men, a sniper and his spotter/security man. Even in police SWAT teams, a marksman has an observer who is equipped with a spotting scope or binoculars to help pick and identify targets and handle the radio communications.

In this case, I would position at least one team behind the Picket Fence (more if I wanted to secure the rear against intruders), another on one or both of the two office buildings (which I later found to be the Dallas County Records Building and the County Criminal Courts Building), and possibly a team on a building across the street north of the Records Building known at the time as the Dal-Tex building. I would have never put anyone in the School Book Depository with so many locations that were much more advantageous unless I needed diversion. If I did, it would be a good place for red herrings to be observed by witnesses.

Anyone who thinks Oswald killed JFK should read this book........Craig Roberts is not some tinfoil wearing conspiracy nut.....he is a trained military sniper and an experienced law enforcement officer (retired)..........

Well to add more fuel to the fire:

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/fireball1.htm
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
refer him to Hawkeye....he is in charge of all Prison Planet whackjob conspiracy stories
Oswald was a patsy. wink
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Oswald was a patsy. wink

But he had perfect teeth.

Garrison left the DA job to become a 4th Circuit judge...stayed there until his death about twenty years ago. he was batshit crazy and a bad drunk in his later days.

...the international bankers had him whacked because he knew too much
Not sure what to make of it, but the High Treason books made me think about it.n Les
Sean,
After just watching the Zapruder footage enough times to make me sick to my stomach, I now think the shot could have come from the rear. Previously, I didn't. IMO the head falling to the rear, and the brain matter seeming to blow rearward also, may have come from the vehicle's forward movement and the fact they were traveling in an open car.

NONE of the rock chucks, prairie dogs or ground squirrels I've shot were traveling in the back seat of a moving convertible. Until I can arrange that, I'm no longer convinced of what I think I'm seeing. I'm also not weighing in on all the other evidence, or even saying that Oswald actually made the head shot. I seriously doubt he was running solo.

Garrison left the DA job to become a 4th Circuit judge...stayed there until his death about twenty years ago. he was batshit crazy and a bad drunk in his later days.

...the international bankers had him whacked because he knew too much

Boy, it's great to know that our judges are drunks and also crazy. That gives me great confidence in our legal system.
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Sean,
After just watching the Zapruder footage enough times to make me sick to my stomach, I now think the shot could have come from the rear. Previously, I didn't. IMO the head falling to the rear, and the brain matter seeming to blow rearward also, may have come from the vehicle's forward movement and the fact they were traveling in an open car.

NONE of the rock chucks, prairie dogs or ground squirrels I've shot were traveling in the back seat of a moving convertible. Until I can arrange that, I'm no longer convinced of what I think I'm seeing. I'm also not weighing in on all the other evidence, or even saying that Oswald actually made the head shot. I seriously doubt he was running solo.

I did the same thing... I watched it over and over again and have come to the conclusion that I can't be convinced that that shot came from up and behind him... It came from front ,right...
My cousin's husband spent about forty years with the Dallas PD and was outside the basement when Ruby shot Oswald. Very strange.

A friend of my Dad's taken his two girls over to see Oswald's grave. Lee Harvey's mom was out there decorating it and shook her fist at them as they drove by.
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter

ML

You know that for a fact?

Hell... I still got the shovel.

Shooter
It's too bad about Dallas itself. It was a dammed fine town when I was a kid in the sixties and even the seventies. Mom said it was even better when she graduated high school there in the forties. It wasn't even bad when I lived there. I wouldn't want to live there now. Heck, there are big buildings all out around Ray Hubbard lake where I used to fish. I can remember goin' out there on an old abandoned highway where it ended in the lake and watchin' colored folks catchin' carps. Times was good. It ain't like that today.
Anyhow given that little incident at the Bay Of Pigs

wink

K
I never believed that Oswald had done it; I think he was a patsy.

However interesting the question of "Who did it?", there are 2 much more interesting questions:

- Who ordered the assassination?

- For which reason or reasons?

I remember reading about the memoirs of the secretary and mistress of one of the Hunt brothers. According to what I read, she wrote that the decision was taken by a small committee of Texas oil men headed by the Hunt brothers and assisted by then VP Lyndon B. Johnson, who was to use his future presidential powers to kill the investigation.

According to the article I read, the motive of the assassination that this woman cited, was new taxes that JFK was planning to levy on US oil producers.

Anybody read that book or heard of it?

Johnson did it
Castro did it
The Mafia did it.
and so on and so forth.

One thing I do know is I have yet to see a critter shot in the head and have the pieces come back in the direction of the bullets path.
"Oswald did not do it."

Well no [bleep]? I admire your honesty.
I agree with Bob that not many, if any, will change their mind about it. I tend to think the shot was from the front and right and Oswalt, if even involved, had help.

But it is funny how some people, from both sides, state with 100% certainty, without doubt, no questions asked, their opinion as fact.

We'll never know the truth.
Was in 8th grade at the time. Ate the story. Years after looking & reading what was going on at the time..... Kennedy was getting ready to pull the plug on Viet Nam. Brother was raising all kinds of hell with the unions...both BIG BUCKS... no way in hell did Oswald make those shots... Warren Comission was a bunch of BS... look at the films... bullets came from 2 differant directions for sure. Will we ever know? Just like Obama... where in the hell did he come from... who paid for his world tour back wneb he was a poor freshman in colledge.... who paid for his school. How did he go to Packistan back in 86 when it was a do not fly for Americans? Where was he born & where was his passport from? Just shovel us full of [bleep] & we will believe....NOT
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Sean,

The car was traveling at an estimated 4-6 mph during the shooting. Hardly fast enough to move his hair or knock Jackie's hat off, much less blow bone and brain matter rearward.

JM
"The car was traveling at an estimated 4 mph. Hardly fast enough to move his hair or knock Jackie's hat off, much less blow bone and brain matter rearward."

Hell, at that speed even I could have made that shot with a Carcano!!!!! grin

Kaywoodie
Jackie shot him.

Marilyn shot him.

Bobby shot him.

LBJ shot him.

Bush shot him.

Sarah shot him.

McCain shot him.

Osama bin Laden shot him.

Elvis shot him.

Is he dead?
Originally Posted by stevelyn
"Oswald did not do it."

That ain't my quote dude.

BMT
No Ken,

He was sent to the island of misfit toys.

Figured you may have seen him on one of your hunts there.

WOKAYRB!
Originally Posted by BMT
Lord Have Mercy . . .

BMT, VA, and Bart all agreeing at the same time, on the same thread.

It is a terrible OMEN.

grin

BMT

GDITTIOTWOTNYSOB!
No Ken,

He was sent to the island of misfit toys.

Figured you may have seen him on one of your hunts there.

I never hunted there.

Caught all that I could, brought 'em home, and turned 'em loose on the Campfire.

You can go back, if you want to.
Ken,

Leave the toys alone an catch a clue.
There was a book called Case Closed that thoroughly refuted the conspiracy theories, and demonstrated that Oswald could have done it.

The grassy knoll had spectators on it; how was someone going to sit there, aim and fire a high powered rifle without being noticed?

As just a general comment - the government has a hell of a time keeping real secrets - like the names of spies and submarine sonar software. How the heck would they keep such a conspiracy a secret?

Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
As just a general comment - the government has a hell of a time keeping real secrets - like the names of spies and submarine sonar software. How the heck would they keep such a conspiracy a secret?

(a) A lone whackjob that got lucky.

(b) A giant conspiracy between the gov't and a parties unknown that killed the president using multiple people, tampered with evidence, manipulate multiple local, state and federal investigative bodies, killed others thta were involved, destroyed all physical evidence of said conspiracy and then everyone involved stayed quiet about it for 45+ years.

I'll go with (a)
(a) works for me!!

Looked like a second shot from the rear. But low, street level.
Not from an elevated window.
First hit ( small caliber ) from ? front right?
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
My cousin's husband spent about forty years with the Dallas PD and was outside the basement when Ruby shot Oswald. Very strange.

A friend of my Dad's taken his two girls over to see Oswald's grave. Lee Harvey's mom was out there decorating it and shook her fist at them as they drove by.

Ruby had stage 4 cancer and took out Oswald on the way to his first testimony!
Originally Posted by deersmeller

Anybody read that book or heard of it?

The book is The Texas Connection by Craig Zirbel and published by Wright & Co.

(b) A giant conspiracy between the gov't and a parties unknown that killed the president using multiple people, tampered with evidence, manipulate multiple local, state and federal investigative bodies, killed others thta were involved, destroyed all physical evidence of said conspiracy and then everyone involved stayed quiet about it for 45+ years.

I'll go with (a)
I don't think you even believe your own post. You jump to the conclusion that the conspiracy had to be a giant one? A few people could give orders that would be followed to the letter by people who had no idea why they were doing what they were doing and then actually carried out by persons who didn't even know who initially gave the orders. You get used to it in the military and the government service is the same way because if you don't you at least are never promoted and could be fired. Then, even though you, as a worker bee, basically know nothing, you are already sworn to secrecy by agreements you have signed and orders you are given. A huge number of people could be unknowingly involved with only a few at the very top knowing the whole story. It's all about orders.
know a guy here in corpus who has passed but he leased the parr (George parr) ranch in duval county in the late 50s early 60s.he told my father that he saw oswald on parrs ranch practicing his shooting shortly before kennedy was shot. the parrs were responsible for getting LBJ elected to the senate with the help of a bunch of dead voters from jim wells county. google duke of duval
I don't think you even believe your own post. You jump to the conclusion that the conspiracy had to be a giant one? A few people could give orders that would be followed to the letter by people who had no idea why they were doing what they were doing and then actually carried out by persons who didn't even know who initially gave the orders. You get used to it in the military and the government service is the same way because if you don't you at least are never promoted and could be fired. Then, even though you, as a worker bee, basically know nothing, you are already sworn to secrecy by agreements you have signed and orders you are given. A huge number of people could be unknowingly involved with only a few at the very top knowing the whole story. It's all about orders.

After 20 years in the military and another dozen working in a business where secrets are taken very very very seriously I have never found a case where "worker bees" do what thye are told without thinking nor have I ever found a case where a secret held by more than one person stays that way. IMO, having done this my entire adult life I still believe (a) is the answer.
Seems to me that Oswald couldn't shoot 3 rounds from that Mosin Nagant in 7.5 seconds. That's for sure. So there is some BS covered up by the Warren commision. Sure he may have been a shooter but one of many. Politicians,government people,lawyers don't want the Ten commandments posted in their buildings because it makes for a hostile work place.
That's incredibly naive. I'm not saying they were following orders that were even questionable. You go to point A and tell person B that he can't be saying such-and-such. You trust your boss, the Colonel, whomever. It's done. The right hand never knows what the left is doing. I'm not talking a bunch of nefarious crap, but just day-to-day business. None of this is a stretch at all. The party-line is the story that's completely unbelievable.

I'll go with (a)
Again Pugs, you are going against the current party-line. The government has had, by my count, three formal investigations into this, starting with the Warren Commission and ending with one done by Clinton. The House Select Committee on Assassinations found that the likelihood was that JFK met his death at the hands of more than one person. Then they backtracked and IIRC, said it wasn't a conspiracy. This latter is mind-boggling. IOW, JFK was so hated, several people with different motivations, were shooting at him all at once. Still, it is a different and more plausible explanation than the one you are offering, given the evidence. I don't remember a lot about the investigation in the 90's but it seemed to go a step further and possibly suggest a conspiracy, but again, I don't remember for sure. The bottom-line is that our own government has said there were more people involved than just Oswald and basically disavowed the Warren Report, which is what you are aligning with.
Mr. Younger done gone and got hisself bit by a moonbat!!
three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

a conspiracy of the magnitude required for a government sponsored whacking of a president, setting up a loser to take the fall, whacking him, getting the whacker to keep his mouth shut, and then subborning the entire Warren Commission and its staff into the deal....and after almost fifty years nobody has blown what would be the biggest story and news scoop in history...... is so far fetched and so impossible that it's hard to believe people are still arguing about it.
Mr. Younger done gone and got hisself bit by a moonbat!!
I am not consumed by it but I don't believe Oswald even did it, let alone acted by himself. The evidence is contrary to that.

a conspiracy of the magnitude required for a government sponsored whacking of a president, setting up a loser to take the fall, whacking him, getting the whacker to keep his mouth shut, and then subborning the entire Warren Commission and its staff into the deal....and after almost fifty years nobody has blown what would be the biggest story and news scoop in history...... is so far fetched and so impossible that it's hard to believe people are still arguing about it.
Everybody keeps talking about a secret. What secret? Everybody knows Oswald didn't kill him or didn't do it on his own. People have stood up and publicly said so. They were either discredited or dead. I have no idea what it all means, but there it is. To believe otherwise is less credible than believing what is before your eyes and evident. In the end, it is the individual's own choice though.
Same applies to a mafia or union conspiracy or collusion.
Everybody knows Oswald didn't kill him or didn't do it on his own.
==================

Actually, that is not accurate,at all.

After 20 years in the military and another dozen working in a business where secrets are taken very very very seriously I have never found a case where "worker bees" do what thye are told without thinking nor have I ever found a case where a secret held by more than one person stays that way. IMO, having done this my entire adult life I still believe (a) is the answer.

Most people are just not going to get how true the above statement is.

As to books by snipers... It's fine to analyze what a trained sniper claims he would do, but what he would do and what the Zapruder film show, are two different things.

There is a reason why, in the Intel world, individuals at the top (Heads of State, Directors of alphabet agencies, generals etc) want photo Intelligence. Photo intelligence trumps linguistic hearsay, electronic emissions, Humint and Signal interception 99.9999 times out of 100. Why? because people can wrap their heads around a picture or as the saying goes, a picture is worth a 1000 words. All video is, is a series of pictures.

I imagine I could write a book on the photographic evidence of the Kennedy assassination, just as the former sniper did. It would be boring and short, but I would be no less an authority on the subject, than the Sniper.

The bottom line is, the head shot came from behind. Were there two shooters? Did they first shot come from the Grassy Knoll? Did Oswald even take a shot?, Did Oswald hit anything? I have no idea...but.... the head shot as shown on the Zapruder film came from the rear....period, end of story.

As to the alleged forensic evidence.... fellas.... we've already established that at a minimum the forensic evidence was badly contaminated and the investigation an abortion, why would anyone want to base their beliefs on hearsay when at the same time they believe a conspiracy was in play?

Further, those believing the head shot came from the "front right" are purporting that blood, flesh and fragments fly towards the direction of the shot. We know that is generally not true, but it's clear what direction flesh and blood went in frames 312-315. So if you believe blood, flesh and fragments can be blown in the direction the shot came from, the alleged forensic evidence of bone and brain matter on the police officer would not be contrary to the head shot coming from the rear.
Everybody knows Oswald didn't kill him or didn't do it on his own.
==================

Actually, that is not accurate,at all.
Technically you're correct. The last figure I heard was something like 70-80% of the American people polled believed that Oswald didn't act alone or didn't do it at all. smirk Sorry for the misrepresentation.
Originally Posted by deersmeller
- Who ordered the assassination?

- For which reason or reasons?
A clue to that lies in the fact that just months before the assassination he had issued an executive order for the US Treasury to begin once again to issue US Treasury Silver Certificates as an alternative currency to Federal Reserve Notes (his plan was to phase out the Federal Reserve's fiat currency). The executive order is a matter of public record, however it was never implemented due to his being assassinated days before that was to happen. I think that answers both questions above.
The thing that can't be explained is how could Oswald pull off that shot on a moving target with that Italian/Carcano POS with loose scope mounts.

Unless the killing shot was pure luck.
Foxbat

When a trained military sniper and respected, experienced police investigator stands in the window that Oswald supposedly shot from and says there is no way he, the military trained sniper, could have made the shot......I'm paying attention. His theories on why and how the assassination was carried out are very interesting too.........

And most of the people that would have had to be involved in such a conspiracy had no incentive to help said conspiracy. Many of them had conflicting politics and priorities.

I'll go with (a)
The mistake is often made to assume that consipiracies within the government actually involve the entire government, and all its high level employees. No one proposes this. Conspiracies within governments happen all the time. Even when the conspirators are ratted out, the impression is never that the conspiracy has been uncovered, but rather that the folks ratting it out are batshit crazy, because something like that (the general public believes) could never be true.

Case in point: The Nazi plan to murder the Jewish race. Most Germans were told it was merely a relocation effort, and that they were being well treated. Most Germans believed this, and this wasn't even a very tightly controlled type of conspiracy like taking out one person, but involved tens of thousands of people in the military and government. The only reason it ever came to be popularly accepted as anything but tinfoil hattery was that Germany was finally defeated and its enemies (rather than its own government) got to write its wartime histories.
The mistake is often made to assume that consipiracies within the government actually involve the entire government, and all its high level employees. No one proposes this.
==========

That's right,genius.....no one proposed that!!
Having watched the film, I believe the head shot was from the rear...

I can't really comment on the magic bullet aspect, except sh1t happens.

A few weeks ago I was out with somebody shooting Muntjac. The guy took one shot at the critter while it was broadside, and it flopped right over, and did the dying fly thing for a few seconds.

When we examined the carcass, his shot placement was a little low and a little far back, but a pretty text book entry and exit.

However there was a third, fresh wound just in front of the haunch. When we got the carcass back to the larder and had a good look, the wound appeared to be an entrance hole and internally there was extensive tissue damage..

Everybody who saw it assumed the guy took two shots...being there I could say 100% he didn't...

I can recount similar difficult-to-explain bullet behaviour in other instances too...

Hawkeye, I would argue that the Holocaust was a poorly kept secret in Germany even during the war. Sure the population, especially in areas without concentration camps were largely ignorant of it, but that was with a war going on and TOTAL control of what little media there was. However, I'm sure that tens of thousands of Germans were aware with many far too afraid to say boo about it. You only ran your mouth in Germany in 1943 if you wanted to end up absent from work the next...lifetime.

Those two paradigms are what make Germany different. We had an open media in the 1960's and we had opposing political parties. You just can't keep controversial secrets in the U.S. of that scale because everyone is looking to make a name for themself or a deal. Hell, if Nixon couldn't keep his own cabinet quiet, how do you think Johnson could control 10x as many people?
Fifty-plus years later, and folks in this thread can't even agree which direction the bullet was traveling - or how many traveled - I'd say, "Kennedy's still dead".

I'll go with (a)

Sanity and reason do have a simplistic and direct way of stating the obvious. Perfect post Pugs.
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Hawkeye, I would argue that the Holocaust was a poorly kept secret in Germany even during the war. Sure the population, especially in areas without concentration camps were largely ignorant of it, but that was with a war going on and TOTAL control of what little media there was. However, I'm sure that tens of thousands of Germans were aware with many far too afraid to say boo about it. You only ran your mouth in Germany in 1943 if you wanted to end up absent from work the next...lifetime.

Those two paradigms are what make Germany different. We had an open media in the 1960's and we had opposing political parties. You just can't keep controversial secrets in the U.S. of that scale because everyone is looking to make a name for themself or a deal. Hell, if Nixon couldn't keep his own cabinet quiet, how do you think Johnson could control 10x as many people?
But, you see, that's my point. You say "at that scale." What scale? There could have been only very few who were actually directing the conspiracy and knew what it was about. The rest were merely following orders, and those directly involved (i.e., the shooters themselves) were likely dead and buried before sunset. Those who handled that job had no idea why they were taking them out.
If more than one can't keep a secret, does this mean Hoffa was done by one guy?
*** You are ignoring this user ***
I'm sorry ... What's that you're saying? wink
you people watch too many bad CIA movies.....professional shooters don't do jobs where they will obviously be snuffed themselves the minute they pull the trigger. and you just create an endless loop of shooting the shooters as you try to snuff all the witnesses who could put the conspirators in the gas chamber. And of course, to make this one work you had to have lots of people at the coroner's office, Dallas PD, EMTs, news media, Congressmen and staff, executive branch personnel from many agencies, the Warren Commission and its staff, the Justice Department......probably tens of thousands of co-conspirators, and not one has talked, or produced a document, or blown this story of the century out of the water.

just kooks, with paper back books and prison planet inteviews, and a great vague suspicion by the American people that this insignificant little turd Oswald couldn't have pulled this off. I think he was the only shooter, but was probably working for Castro's intel service.

But the idea that there was a secret and successful government sponsored conspiracy to kill Kennedy and a government organized coverup is absurd to anybody with much experience in government.
you people watch too many bad CIA movies.....professional shooters don't do jobs where they will obviously be snuffed themselves the minute they pull the trigger. and you just create an endless loop of shooting the shooters
No endless loop, Steve. The first shooters were patsies (perhaps even imports). Those who eliminated them were likely legit black ops types who were under the impression they were serving some very patriotic function in offing these people, having no idea they had anything to do with the Kennedy assassination, and are likely alive and well today. End of loop.
Watched a program a while back that tried to re-enact the whole magical bullet thing. Long story short, using the same type of rifle and ammo as Oswald, they were able to duplicate the path with all the weird angles and wounds. Comparative pictures of the bullet they shot and the one found on the gurney were nearly identical. Even the possibility of the bullet being left on the gurney was possible with how the bullet rested in the final wound.
I don't understand the whole conspiracy deal surrounding this. Many say Oswald wasn't a good enough shot to pull it off. We have all pulled off some crazy shots we probably cannot duplicate in another million shots. Why couldn't it have just been Oswald's lucky day to do it or possibly JFK's unlucky day that he did. Either way Oswald probibly couldn't do it again in a miilion shots, but I believe he did it the first time. Sometimes the simplist explinations are the real ones.

Hemi
Now the Soviets pulling this off, that is at least possible.

Ion Mihai Pacepa anyone?
Woody Harrelson's dad did it, if he's to be believed. smile
you people watch too many bad CIA movies.....professional shooters don't do jobs where they will obviously be snuffed themselves the minute they pull the trigger. and you just create an endless loop of shooting the shooters
No endless loop, Steve. The first shooters were patsies (perhaps even imports). Those who eliminated them were likely legit black ops types who were under the impression they were serving some very patriotic function in offing these people, having no idea they had anything to do with the Kennedy assassination, and are likely alive and well today. End of loop.

so those "legit black ops types" killed some people in Dallas on November 22, 1963 and never suspected they were involved in a coverup of a presidential assassination? get real.

what about all the other people who had to participate in evidence fabrication and cover up? did they all get whacked too, by these mysterious black ops types? who thought they were doing something patritotic? and never asked themselves why am I whacking a Dallas police officer, or a coroner, or whoever?

not to mention the problem of how do you get thousands of people with nothing to gain to implicate themselves in a murder conspiracy.

this stuff works a lot better in the movies where everyone agrees to suspend disbelief and go with the story.

in the real world, not so much.
so those "legit black ops types" killed some people in Dallas on November 22, 1963 and never suspected they were involved in a coverup of a presidential assassination? get real.
++++++++++++++

Rather incredible where some will let their minds take them!! In classrooms teaching children,no less!!
That's incredibly naive. I'm not saying they were following orders that were even questionable. You go to point A and tell person B that he can't be saying such-and-such. You trust your boss, the Colonel, whomever. It's done. The right hand never knows what the left is doing. I'm not talking a bunch of nefarious crap, but just day-to-day business. None of this is a stretch at all. The party-line is the story that's completely unbelievable.

Well, you showed me. I guess my real world experience just isn't relevent.

Here's an interesting tidbit. The number one FOIA request at NSA is not about significant historical events or the Church hearings or Veona but about UFO's. crazy

Here's an interesting tidbit. The number one FOIA request at NSA is not about significant historical events or the Church hearings or Veona but about UFO's. crazy

Which is pretty funny in and to itself, since NSA was never the Government agency in charge of UFO investigations.
The international bankers covered up all that UFO stuff, because they didn't want........well, just because.

do space aliens drink fluoride, BTW?
Fluoride was developed in Hangar 18 at Wright Patterson AFB.....
[/quote]But, you see, that's my point. You say "at that scale." What scale? There could have been only very few who were actually directing the conspiracy and knew what it was about. The rest were merely following orders, and those directly involved (i.e., the shooters themselves) were likely dead and buried before sunset. Those who handled that job had no idea why they were taking them out.

You can add this to your grocery list when you pick up your flouride-free goat's milk:

[Linked Image]

what about all the other people who had to participate in evidence fabrication and cover up? did they all get whacked too, by these mysterious black ops types? who thought they were doing something patritotic? and never asked themselves why am I whacking a Dallas police officer, or a coroner, or whoever?

not to mention the problem of how do you get thousands of people with nothing to gain to implicate themselves in a murder conspiracy.

this stuff works a lot better in the movies where everyone agrees to suspend disbelief and go with the story.

in the real world, not so much.
Steve, with all due respect, your reply doesn't exactly line up with my statement. You put a lot of words in my mouth.
You folks who are suggesting that like-minded conspirators cannot keep secrets, how do you explain the fact that even TV series creators, and all involved in their production, have no difficulty doing so. An entire season is typically filmed a year in advance, and despite the fact that money could be made by individuals involved revealing who does what in the upcoming season, these secrets are kept pretty well, and we're talking popular entertainment, not a situation where a witness going public would likely be sacrificing his life, or at least his liberty.

Keep in mind, also, that the very justification for our Constitution, i.e., the form it took, was an understanding on the part of its framers that folks in government, unless very rigidly checked, constantly accountable, and limited in scope of power, would inevitably conspire in corruption against the interests of the people. Were they all "tin foil hatters?"

I don't know if it's "relevent" or not but what I told you about two of three panels investigating it, within our own government, is.

UFO's only have to do with this discussion in that some wish to obfuscate, confuse and finally, discredit.
just following out the logic trail.....you say the plot was to hire foreign dumbasses as shooters....they'd have to be pretty severely retarded foreigners not to recognize the fact that they're being hired to kill the president of the United States and cannot be allowed to collect their money and live, but we'll put that aside for now.

OK, foreign dumbass shooters (how many? two ? three?) get whacked in their turn by patriotic civil servants who fail to connect the dots and don't realize they're participating in an assassination conspiracy and committing murder in support of it.

But you can't stop there.....evidence must be manufactured, tampered with or destroyed as the case may be to protect the plot.

Officer Tippet has to be killed. Ruby recruited and somehow kept silent for years in prison.

Congress, Justice Dept, and the Warren Commission and all their staffs brought into the coverup....how many people do you have to kill because they won't play ball? and why on earth do people with nothing to gain from any of this not go straight to the FBI, or failing that....since they're all in on it too they won't do anything, right?..the entire FBI is part of the conspiracy......well, phones still work and how come none of the thousands of people who are now implicated drops a dime to the New York Times or the Washington Post?

I mean, it's really too absurd to give any credence to such nonsense. movies can ignore loose ends, but in reality they make such conspiracies impossible to organize and protect.
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
I agree with Bob that not many, if any, will change their mind about it. I tend to think the shot was from the front and right and Oswalt, if even involved, had help.

But it is funny how some people, from both sides, state with 100% certainty, without doubt, no questions asked, their opinion as fact.

We'll never know the truth.

Yes.

I have done origin and cause preliminary fire investigations that lasted longer than the original deliberation concluding Oswald was the lone gunman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Select_Committee_on_Assassinations

"The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that President John F. Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy."

The above quote came from the House Select Committee on Assassinations and basically supercedes the Warren Commission's findings. You are going against your own government's official party-line when you start talking about no conspiracy.

As far as I'm concerned, most of the findings are gobbeldygook, but this one statement is telling.

first, TV show plots do get leaked, but that's not really relevant, since the people in the know there usually all have some financial interest in confidentiality.....and some financial risk it they break that obligation.

but it is a little silly to equate the level of public interest in who is going to die on some TV show to the biggest story of the century, a plot necessarily involving thousands of people, and a press corps slobbering to find a villain and a cover up, not to mention the government organs charged with investigating....your plot would require that there are no honest people in the FBI or Justice dept to blow the whistle....only take one. ditto the WC and its staff.

secrets don't keep in Washington.
just following out the logic trail.....you say the plot was to hire foreign dumbasses as shooters....
I didn't say any such thing. That was pure speculation, for the purpose of discussion. This should have been obvious to you, and I'm sure it was.
they'd have to be pretty severely retarded foreigners not to recognize the fact that they're being hired to kill the president of the United States and cannot be allowed to collect their money and live, but we'll put that aside for now.

OK, foreign dumbass shooters (how many? two ? three?) get whacked in their turn by patriotic civil servants who fail to connect the dots and don't realize they're participating in an assassination conspiracy and committing murder in support of it.
Soldiers follow orders and don't generally question them. Ask any German officer from WWII.
But you can't stop there.....evidence must be manufactured, tampered with or destroyed as the case may be to protect the plot.

Officer Tippet has to be killed. Ruby recruited and somehow kept silent for years in prison.

Congress, Justice Dept, and the Warren Commission and all their staffs brought into the coverup....how many people do you have to kill because they won't play ball? and why on earth do people with nothing to gain from any of this not go straight to the FBI, or failing that....since they're all in on it too they won't do anything, right?..the entire FBI is part of the conspiracy......well, phones still work and how come none of the thousands of people who are now implicated drops a dime to the New York Times or the Washington Post?

I mean, it's really too absurd to give any credence to such nonsense. movies can ignore loose ends, but in reality they make such conspiracies impossible to organize and protect.
Anyone who does so is identified as batshit crazy, and people tend to believe it because most folks don't want to believe any such a thing can happen.
first, TV show plots do get leaked, but that's not really relevant, since the people in the know there usually all have some financial interest in confidentiality.....and some financial risk it they break that obligation.

but it is a little silly to equate the level of public interest in who is going to die on some TV show to the biggest story of the century, a plot necessarily involving thousands of people, and a press corps slobbering to find a villain and a cover up, not to mention the government organs charged with investigating....your plot would require that there are no honest people in the FBI or Justice dept to blow the whistle....only take one. ditto the WC and its staff.

secrets don't keep in Washington.
You're assuming again that the conspiracy must necessarily have been vast and all inclusive. This is not at all the case. In fact it's unlikely in the extreme.
you can't have it both ways.....a small conspiracy would be blown by an honest investigation. a big one is impossible to maintain security on.

you have to involve and subvert or eliminate people at Dallas PD, coroner, Dallas DA, federal agencies and the Warren commission.....or you get caught in their investigation.
As Ken H pointed out , the media was focusing on Texas right after the shooting - I heard of it when a Staff Sgt. walked up where another Texas Marine and I were working on a truck and asked ; " What's wrong with you people in Texas ? "

We had just barely escaped a nuclear war and THAT was fresh on everyone's mind - most especially the gov't types .

All the wierd stuff around the investigation makes sense if you consider that most ALL the Fed agencies probably figured :

A. It's a conspiracy and the Russians are involved .

B .Could be some of our guys .

C. Best to do what I'm told and ask no questions .

When Ruby nailed Oswald , that one event made certain that otherwise sane persons - such as myself - would never believe that Oswald acted alone .

You don't have to ascertain the source of the oder before you decide that " something smells ".
you can't have it both ways.....a small conspiracy would be blown by an honest investigation. a big one is impossible to maintain security on.

you have to involve and subvert or eliminate people at Dallas PD, coroner, Dallas DA, federal agencies and the Warren commission.....or you get caught in their investigation.
So, if conspiracies in corruption in high places are so unlikely as to be practically speaking impossible to get away with, what were the Founding Fathers and the Framers of our Constitution so worried about? Why so many tight restrictions on the national government? Why so much public accountability? Why divide powers? Why all the checks and balances? Why so few and defined powers? What were they concerned about?
Good grief....spiraling downward idiocy in it's truest sense.
Originally Posted by curdog4570

When Ruby nailed Oswald , that one event made certain that otherwise sane persons - such as myself - would never believe that Oswald acted alone .

why? the fact that a flake like Ruby whacked Oswald, was allowed to live, and never implicated anyone else would not seem to be evidence one way or the other about Oswald's co-conspirators or lack therof.

it was a damn poor conspiracy if an alcoholic strip club owner was the best they could do, and then they didn't whack their shooter too. if there had really been a conpiracy and Ruby was part of it, why was he allowed to grow old and die in prison?
I forgot to add that whomsoever dunnit is owed a tremendous debt of gratitude by the citizens of this nation .
It wasn�t me� but I did see him the day before�..
Out of curiousity, how long did it take for Watergate to break?
I don't know anything about international banks, rouge CIA agents, fluoride salesmen, or martians being involved, but I don't think Oswald executed those shots under those circumstances. It wouldn't take much of a conspiracy to have one more shooter involved. Maybe just another oddball like Oswald.
Originally Posted by Pete E
Thank you.
The reason the focused on Oswald so quickly was because it was so obvious.

It was obvious that the shots came from the schoolbook depository. There were many witnesses DIRECTLY beneath the window who heard the shots. There were three witnesses in the building on the floor below who not only heard the shots, but actually heard the brass casings hitting the the thin plywood floor above their heads between the shots. Several of the witnesses on the ground actually saw the gunman and gave a description of him.

Later, when all the employees of the schoolbook depository were gathered, there was only one missing. Guess who? Lee Harvey Oswald, of course.

Almost at the same moment as officers were being told to go out and see if Oswald was home so they could talk to him, there were reports that a police officer had been shot in the area. No one had any idea that they were connected but as every available officer was sent to the area, the numerous witnesses to that shooting gave them descriptions and told them the man was in the Texas Theatre. They quickly apprehended him looking for nothing more than a cop killer at this point.

Once the figured out who they had in custody, it was easy to draw the lines.
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I don't know anything about international banks, rouge CIA agents, fluoride salesmen, or martians being involved, but I don't think Oswald executed those shots under those circumstances. It wouldn't take much of a conspiracy to have one more shooter involved. Maybe just another oddball like Oswald.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux

It was obvious that the shots came from the schoolbook depository. There were many witnesses DIRECTLY beneath the window who heard the shots. There were three witnesses in the building on the floor below who not only heard the shots, but actually heard the brass casings hitting the the thin plywood floor above their heads between the shots. Several of the witnesses on the ground actually saw the gunman and gave a description of him.

Later, when all the employees of the schoolbook depository were gathered, there was only one missing. Guess who? Lee Harvey Oswald, of course.

Almost at the same moment as officers were being told to go out and see if Oswald was home so they could talk to him, there were reports that a police officer had been shot in the area. No one had any idea that they were connected but as every available officer was sent to the area, the numerous witnesses to that shooting gave them descriptions and told them the man was in the Texas Theatre. They quickly apprehended him looking for nothing more than a cop killer at this point.

What happened to your old Cassatojoe account?

What happened to your old Cassatojoe account?

That is what happens when you somehow get logged out and the only way to get on this board if you have long ago forgotten the password is to have an email sent to an email account that you long ago quit using and is no longer in existence.
Folks figured we would find out the truth about the assasination given time . We had not yet earned our PHD in cynicism .

Ruby offing Oswald creates a mindset that entertains the possibility of Kennedy's death being the result of a conspiracy .Once that mindset is established , certain events , factually reported at the time , added credibility to it .Autopsy discrepenciies come to mind .

But we still figured the "TRUTH" would come out .

It probably already has - in bits and pieces .

FWIW , Dr. Lito Porto of Arlington Tx did a milogram on my spine in 1978 . He was one of the nuerosurgeons called in to work on JFK . All he told me , and probably anyone else who asked him , was that the wounds described in the autopsy report didn't match up with what he saw in Dallas that afternoon .

That could have been ineptitude but more likely someone said ; " We gotta make this appear as the work of one shooter " and the guy giving the order may not have known a damn thing about whodunnit .He may have - like all good bureaucrats - sensed the prevailing winds and acted on his own .

Just doing his part to revent WWIII .

Once he had given that order , it's for damn sure he ain't ever gonna talk .

Exactly. Even if we give plausibilty there was a conspiracy to do this, my point was from the begginning, given the documentary I watched that Oswald was the ONLY shooter.

That is what happens when you somehow get logged out and the only way to get on this board if you have long ago forgotten the password is to have an email sent to an email account that you long ago quit using and is no longer in existence.
Glad you made it back.
Uh , scuse me - none of my business actually - but are you under the impression that docmentery films don't go into production with the conclusion already scripted ?

I admit to watching every documentery film on the JFK deal I've run across and none of them convinced me one way or the other .

I just don't see how some of you can be so convinced - in either direction - based just on the known facts .

The jury may always be hung on this case , and I don't think it has a damn thing to do with the intelligence level of the jurors .
That documentary was on the History Channel.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
That documentary was on the History Channel.

So was the one that did a convincing (in a vacuum) job of putting it all on LBJ.
just following out the logic trail.....you say the plot was to hire foreign dumbasses as shooters....they'd have to be pretty severely retarded foreigners not to recognize the fact that they're being hired to kill the president of the United States and cannot be allowed to collect their money and live, but we'll put that aside for now.

Steve, you're too logical... you're failing to suspend your disbelief and enable your Harry Potter gene!

<sigh> every time this idiocy comes up I go to my bookshelf and haul out my dog-eared copy of "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner. Posner's legal and research training brought him to look at every wild-ass conspiracy theorist and supposed witness, and then systematically run them to ground. EVERY conspiracy-buff whose rant I've ever had to listen to is refuted in Posner's concise but extremely detailed 506-page book.

The only reason Kennedy-assassination conspiracists still exist is, IMHO, because untreated Attention Deficit Disorder and illiteracy are so rampant in America today. People get their "information" from snippets of TV and internet hokum and because they lack the patience or reading skills to do any actual research, become self-proclaimed "skeptics" when in reality all they are is misinformed, or willfully ignorant at best.

Anyone who really cares about the truth of the Kennedy assassination, as opposed to just being a tinfoil hat chit-disturber, needs to read Posner's book in full.
So, if conspiracies in corruption in high places are so unlikely as to be practically speaking impossible to get away with, what were the Founding Fathers and the Framers of our Constitution so worried about? Why so many tight restrictions on the national government? Why so much public accountability? Why divide powers? Why all the checks and balances? Why so few and defined powers? What were they concerned about?
Does no one wish to take a shot at this?

Frankly, no.
Obviously those tricorn hats were all lined with tinfoil...
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Frankly, no.
I can't blame you. Were I in your position, I wouldn't either.
[The only reason Kennedy-assassination, flouride, UFO, massive Zionist,Trilateral Commission, moonbat, 9/11 conspiracists still exist is, IMHO, because untreated Attention Deficit Disorder and illiteracy are so rampant in Americaon the Campfire today. People get their "information" from snippets of TV and internet hokum and because they lack the patience or reading skills to do any actual research, become self-proclaimed "skeptics" when in reality all they are is misinformed, or willfully ignorant at best.

A little help Doc to make it more inclusive. grin
No, it just showed that oswald did it all by himself.
<sigh> every time this idiocy comes up I go to my bookshelf and haul out my dog-eared copy of "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner. Posner's legal and research training brought him to look at every wild-ass conspiracy theorist and supposed witness, and then systematically run them to ground. EVERY conspiracy-buff whose rant I've ever had to listen to is refuted in Posner's concise but extremely detailed 506-page book.

The only reason Kennedy-assassination conspiracists still exist is, IMHO, because untreated Attention Deficit Disorder and illiteracy are so rampant in America today. People get their "information" from snippets of TV and internet hokum and because they lack the patience or reading skills to do any actual research, become self-proclaimed "skeptics" when in reality all they are is misinformed, or willfully ignorant at best.
============

KA-POW!!!

I wish the FF's had more checks and balances in place for wingnuts!!
It puts you among the "elite" or the "intellectuals" to adopt a belief unshared by a sizable majority of your fellow citizens .

Of course , that's the same dynamic that resulted in Obama's election .

I wish the FF's had more checks and balances in place for wingnuts!!
I bet you do. They didn't, however. Rather, it was their fervent hope that future generations of Americans would retain the deep suspicion of unchecked government power they themselves possessed.
A sizable majority,huh?? What stats are you looking at to make such a assertion?
If you want to read a good book, read "The Day Kennedy Was Shot". It was written in 1968 before a lot of the crazier conspiracy theories had taken root.

It is a minute by minute account of the day from the time Kennedy got up at the hotel in Fort Worth that morning to the wee hours of the following morning. So many of the conspiracy theories would die if their proponents honestly read that book.

For instance, much has been made about the fact that the car didn't have the plexiglass top on it. Who made that decision? Well, JFK himself made that decision and instructed the secret service to take it off after they had already put it on. Does that mean JFK himself was in on the conspiracy?
Somebody in an earlier post claimed a poll showed over 70 % of americans believe Oswald had help . I'll go along with that .

Ordinarily , I wouldn't take a congressional commitee's word for anything , but the fact that they bought into it demonstrates that they didn't feel like it had any political downside [ read majority of votors ] .

None of us have access to any any evidence first hand to help us make a decision .

Some of you seem to think you are so important that you must render a decision on the deal . Then you rely on other writers who thought the same thing and decide which is more likely .

Branding those who disagree with you on something as loonies is a tactic usually employed by the left wing crazies . I'm surprised that some of you fit into that so comfortably .

Anyone who really cares about the truth of the Kennedy assassination, as opposed to just being a tinfoil hat chit-disturber, needs to read Posner's book in full.

I understand your point.

I am simply suspicious of the layers upon layers of "on-time-only" occurrences. (Jack Ruby Killing Oswald, the bullet laying on the gurney, the magic bullet, etc.)

The only thing that makes sense is Oswald. He is a classic president shooting loon.

Everything else is goofy as heck--including the horrid investigation and the Warren report. I consider the entire spectacle to be the most screwed up murder investigation I have ever read.

The hundreds of "Rock Solid" death penalty convictions that have been overturned by DNA evidence does not help relieve my skepticism.

Sometimes, it ain't a vast conspiracy.

Sometimes, people simply screw up.

BMT

For instance, much has been made about the fact that the car didn't have the plexiglass top on it. Who made that decision? Well, JFK himself made that decision and instructed the secret service to take it off after they had already put it on. Does that mean JFK himself was in on the conspiracy?
Evidently.

[Linked Image]
Branding those who disagree with you on something as loonies is a tactic usually employed by the left wing crazies

Now that right there is damn funny... smile
they were worried about what the Brits call "interest". you will not find support for your conspiracy theories in the mere fact that the founders supported limited government and division of powers.
they were worried about what the Brits call "interest". you will not find support for your conspiracy theories in the mere fact that the founders supported limited government and division of powers.
Nice throw away reply, Steve.

about two years from break in to Nixon's resignation....good example of how a much smaller, less elaborate conspiracy than the one imagined by the Kennedy plot afficianados couldn't survive more than a few months before it was blown and its conspirators were either cooperating witnesses, headed for jail, or resigned in disgrace.

about two years from break in to Nixon's resignation....good example of how a much smaller, less elaborate conspiracy than the one imagined by the Kennedy plot afficianados couldn't survive more than a few months before it was blown and its conspirators were either cooperating witnesses, headed for jail, or resigned in disgrace.
Nixon and the boys should have known better than to try, right Steve? They must have all been batshit crazy to think it was even possible. Truth is, I suspect, Nixon lost favor with his bosses, and they ratted him out.
Surprised the book by Jesse Ventura "American conspiricies, lies and more lies that the government doesn't want you to know" (something like that). Covers this subject as wells other famous assignations, like Bobby Kennedy, MLK, Malcolm X. Strange how the same names show up in all the investigations. And yes Oawald did not act alone.
It was a crazy deal and a crazy time, but it was really chaos around there that day.

The Kennedies were bound and determined to get the body back to Washington. The local coroner wanted to keep the body in Dallas as that it was part of a murder investigation. The two sides nearly came to blows in the hallway of Parkland hospital before the Justice of the Peace relented and let the Kennedy team take the body out. It was then a mad dash to the airport with the body in a stolen ambulance because they were afraid that the Dallas police might try and stop them from leaving with the body.

But, had the body stayed in Dallas, an autopsy would have been performed by trained pathologists accumstomed to peforming forensic autopsies in criminal investigations. As it was, the body went to Bethesda where some O-6 Navy doctors, very competent in their fields, but completely unprepared for and unaccustomed to doing autopsies, much less on victims of gunshots, did the autopsy. In addition, they had various Secret Service men, FBI agents, Kennedy aides, and RFK in the room at various points. The photographer was stopped from taking all the photographs he needed because aides felt it was "disrespectful" and so on. In this circus like atmosphere with the unprepared and incompetent (for the purpose of autopsies) doctors, it is no wonder the autopsy was slipshod and has been the source of so much controversy.

And so on and so on. There is so much about that day that was just a giant clusterfrick. And a big part of the responsibility for the confusion rests squarely on the shoulders of the Kennedy faction who acted irrationally and irresponsibly on many occasions that day.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/faq.txt
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/oncebuff.htm
[The only reason Kennedy-assassination, flouride, UFO, massive Zionist,Trilateral Commission, moonbat, 9/11 conspiracists still exist is, IMHO, because untreated Attention Deficit Disorder and illiteracy are so rampant in Americaon the Campfire today. People get their "information" from snippets of TV and internet hokum and because they lack the patience or reading skills to do any actual research, become self-proclaimed "skeptics" when in reality all they are is misinformed, or willfully ignorant at best.

A little help Doc to make it more inclusive. grin

Thanks, Pugs!!
grin
Originally Posted by BMT

I understand your point.

I am simply suspicious of the layers upon layers of "on-time-only" occurrences. (Jack Ruby Killing Oswald, the bullet laying on the gurney, the magic bullet, etc.)

The only thing that makes sense is Oswald. He is a classic president shooting loon.

Everything else is goofy as heck--including the horrid investigation and the Warren report. I consider the entire spectacle to be the most screwed up murder investigation I have ever read.

The hundreds of "Rock Solid" death penalty convictions that have been overturned by DNA evidence does not help relieve my skepticism.

Sometimes, it ain't a vast conspiracy.

Sometimes, people simply screw up.

BMT

Yep. And the beauty of Posner's book was that he went back and unravelled the timeline, then dissected the claims and suppositions and castle-in-the-air theories-built-upon-unfounded-theories, bringing it all back to the present day. He doesn't give the Warren Commission or the Kennedy family's actions a pass, either. He's truly an unbiased critic. And when he's finished, any reasonable and prudent man would agree that the case is, indeed, closed, clusterphucks notwithstanding.
Posner and Oswald done it !!!!!!! If I ain't mistaken ,Jack Ruby was Posner's wife's cousin three times removed and he had a nephew who worked for the city of Dallas and mowed the Grassy Knoll on a regular basis .

See how it all fits ?
but where's the fun in that? this is a lot more exciting than fluoride conspiracies.
If Oswald acted alone, then how or why the following? Just a few things to make you go,,,hmmmm and think about.

Item.......No secret service detail was assigned to cover or be stationed on any floors or roof of the Texas School Book Depository, inside or on the roofs of any other buildings, or near the grassy knoll area itself specifically behind the stockade fence. A complete and total violation of all secret service protocol and proceedure......Were they told to stand down? If so, then by whom?

Item.......Why was the President`s body hurried out of Dallas? Texas law specifically dictated at that time, that an autopsy be performed in Dallas the place of the crime. Had the body remained in Dallas for a "PROPER" autopsy, conducted by highly "TRAINED" forensic pathologists, the number of shots and from which direction they came from would have been eventually solved, confirming either a lone assassin or confirming more than one assassin meaning a conspiracy.

Item.......The testimonies of all 7 ER attending doctors and other trained medical experts at Parkland hospital in Dallas (incl Doctors McClelland, Peters, Jones, Ward, Crenshaw, attending nurse Bell and more), all confirmed an entrance wound in the throat area near the atoms apple AND a very large gaping hole (a confirmed by them exit wound) to the right rear portion of the President`s head in the occipital area of the skull. What they saw at Parkland, directly contradicted the Warren Commission`s final report....Sorry! An entrance wound to the back portion of a skull, does not create a gaping hole est to be approx 2 3/4" wide as was seen at Parkland.

Item.....Why or how was a skull fragment, known as the Harper skull fragment, which was later determined to be a fragment from occipital bone from the rear of a skull, found an estimated 41 feet to the rear and to the left "FROM" the exact point of impact to the president`s head??? That fragment was found on the grass area which was to the motorcades`s left. Looks like a shot fired from the rear?

Item......Aubrey Rike, the Dallas funeral director who supplied the casket even stated as such, collaborating the testimonies of the Parkland doctors as to the condition of the head. Rike himself, helped place the President`s body into the casket.

Item......Why weren`t "top" forensic pathologists assigned or called in to do the autopsy at Bethesda Naval Hospital in Washington? Instead, Hume and Boswell (un-trained in forensic pathology) performed the autopsy.

Item......Attending X ray physicians that night at Bethesda, Paul Kelly O`Connor, Custer and Riebe, also collaborated a large gaping head wound in the right rear portion of the skull. The "official" X rays and drawings used by the Warren Commission report, according to them years later, were totally in-correct.

Item......Why was the original motorcade parade route "changed" or diverted north unto Houston St and then west on Elm St where the shots struck? Originally, it was to continue straight on Main St, by-passing Houston and Elm streets all-together. Had the motorcade continued straight on Main, the proper and best kill zone for such an ambush would have been, shall we say,,,,,thwarted?

Item.....Immediately after the shooting, why did dozens of people rush towards the grassy knoll area? Were all of their perspectives as to what they saw and heard incorrect and incorrect all at the same time as well?

Item.....And years later, according to several of the attending doctors at Parkland interviewed by Charles Grodin and others, there is much evidence which supports, that there was in fact, two seperate shots impacting the head nearly at the same instant. A bullet fired from the rear on a downward angle entering the rear/top portion of president`s skull (frame 311-312), then exiting from the right front temple portion of the skull (representing the debris and brain matter we`ve all seen in the film), and then another bullet fired at nearly the same instant (frame 313) from the right front entering the right temple area, blasting out the right rear portion of the skull, violently throwing the president back and to the left.

If you google "zapruder film slow motion" you can view frames 310 thru about 320. With your mouse, you can freeze, continue, and then freeze again a fraction of each frame. If you look closely and pause in the correct place, you can see that the top rear portion of the skull, (hair) was disrupted by a shot from the rear in frames 311-312 along with the slight beginnings of the exit wound in the right temple area. Frame 313; the instant a seperate shot from the right front enters at nearly the same place where the first (from the rear) head shot`s exit wound is, blasting out the right rear portion of the head, violently throwing the president back and to the left.

There are too many other variables to conclude that Oswald acted alone.

Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
If Oswald acted alone, then how or why the following? Just a few things to make you go,,,hmmmm and think about.

Item.......Why was the President`s body hurried out of Dallas? Texas law specifically dictated at that time, that an autopsy be performed in Dallas the place of the crime. Had the body remained in Dallas for a "PROPER" autopsy, conducted by highly "TRAINED" forensic pathologists, the number of shots and from which direction they came from would have been eventually solved, confirming either a lone assassin or confirming more than one assassin meaning a conspiracy.

I would say that the Kennedy's mistrusted LBJ and may have had a paranoia that LBJ was involved and thus wanted the body out of Texas asap because LBJ OWNED Texas.
No one will ever be able to prove that Oswald acted alone .Like trying to prove a negative .

OTOH some evidence COULD surface to prove he didn't .

So a "reasonable and prudent man " would keep an open mind which is what I do .

Posner dis-crediting all the popular theories accomplishes nothing more than that . And that's assuming a person accepts his conclusions .
Read my John Locke link and you'll have your answers.
if you read Posner's book, you will get answers to each of those questions.
but where's the fun in that? this is a lot more exciting than fluoride conspiracies.
Fluoride can only fail the conspiracy test if you can point to the popular demand for it that got the whole ball rolling for it to be added to the public water supply. When did that happen?

Conspiracy's not a bad word. It's an essential word. It just means that an agreement was formed for mutual benefit which is harmful to others, and thus efforts were made to keep this information from the public at large. The aluminum smelting industry had a problem. They were running up against anti-pollution laws because of their dumping of the toxic byproducts of the aluminum smelting process into public waters. But they had lots of money, since the aluminum smelting business was very good, so they hired scientists to argue publicly that these toxic byproducts (mainly sodium fluoride) were actually good for human beings to consume. Then they "influenced" politicians to pass laws requiring it be added to the public water supply, thus eliminating their very expensive toxic chemical disposal problem, while at the same time providing for themselves an additional source of profit, i.e., the selling of their toxic waste to municipal water districts.
Posner dis-crediting all the popular theories accomplishes nothing more than that .
==========

That's correct. He discredited all the popular theories via factual analysis. It's done all the time!!
Item.......The testimonies of all 7 ER attending doctors and other trained medical experts at Parkland hospital in Dallas (incl Doctors McClelland, Peters, Jones, Ward, Crenshaw, attending nurse Bell and more), all confirmed an entrance wound in the throat area near the atoms apple AND a very large gaping hole (a confirmed by them exit wound) to the right rear portion of the President`s head in the occipital area of the skull. What they saw at Parkland, directly contradicted the Warren Commission`s final report....Sorry! An entrance wound to the back portion of a skull, does not create a gaping hole est to be approx 2 3/4" wide as was seen at Parkland.

I'm not going to respond to that whole post, but I am going to ask a question.

You like many others say that the doctors on the scene saw a large gaping hole on the "right rear" portion of the skull and contend that said gaping hole is an exit wound. You then go further and assert that the shot, must therefore have come from the grassy knoll.

It seems obvious to me that if, as you contend, a large wound in the skull can be nother other than an exit wound, then the shot COULD NOT have come from the grassy knoll as that the grassy knoll was to the president's right and slight front.

If, as you contend, a gaping hole is evidence of an exit wound instead of an entrance wound, and the shot came from the grassy knoll area, then any exit wound to the president's head would have been most evident in the LEFT REAR portion of the president's skull.

A shooter on the grassy knoll and a large exit wound on the right rear of the president's skull are mutually exclusive.

I've watche the Zapruder Film many times as all of you have. If the "back and to the left" movement of the president's head was an indication of where the shot came from, the left side of his head would have vaporized. It didn't.

So, why did nothing happen to the back left of his skull?
If nothing else, the discussion of JFK's death is a good reminder of of how many goof-balls we have among us.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If nothing else, the discussion of JFK's death is a good reminder of of how many goof-balls we among us.
Keep drinking that tap water, Mr. Powell.
From the link posted one page back.

The first crack in the conspiracy belief was the entire issue of the frontal headshot that killed JFK. This was the primary thrust of Lane, Meagher, and Groden and the "grassy knoll" was the reported source of the fatal shot. Central to this belief was the reported view that several of the Parkland hospital emergency room doctors noticed a large wound in the rear of JFK's head. This was promoted as proof that the shot came from the front, and exited toward the rear. Supporting evidence was the Zapruder film that showed the rapid movement to JFK's left rear after the shot.

At first and even second glance, this theory seemed very plausible. A certain percentage of the witnesses thought that the shots came from the front. In the absence of autopsy photos, the view of the autopsy doctors had to be taken at face value. Furthermore, the movement of JFK's body after the shot seemed to clearly indicate the direction of the shot. After all, people fly backward when shot by bullets don't they? At least all of the Hollywood actors I saw shot in the movies did this. In addition, the doctors at Parkland hospital insisted that the shot hit JFK in the right "temple."

Anthony Summers (Conspiracy) actually did a lot to change my view about the direction of the head shot as did Wayne County (Michigan) medical examiner, Werner Spitz. Summers repeated the HSCA conclusions that the two large bullet fragments found in the front of the limo were linked to the Carcano using Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA) and that autopsy photo's showed an entrance wound in the back of JFK's head. Spitz, on a local TV show (the same Lou Gorden program), was also questioned on the evidence and proclaimed, quite convincingly, that the shot came from the rear, that the wounding was consistent with a high powered rifle wound, and the backward movement of JFK's could be easily explained. Werner stated that the destruction of the brain could often result in an uncontrollable spasm that could explain JFK's movement.

The last straw --destroying my belief in the frontal headshot -- was actually looking at the Zapruder film in detail and in slow motion. I taped a JFK assassination special aired in the early 80's (I believe it was the "Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald") and after watching the sequence around Z313 over and over, could easily see that the president's head burst open to the front and right. It was also very clear (gruesomely) that a large flap of JFK's scalp hung down from the large exit wound. When watched in slow motion, it was clear that the shot hit and exited, the president's head moved forward, and then (and only then), did his head and body whip back to the rear. I came to believe the Spitz was correct, that the shot came from the rear, and that there was no exit wound visible (in the Zapruder film) in the rear of JFK's head. I came to believe that the Parkland doctors were essentially fooled by the fact that tissue pooled at the back of JFK's head (he was laying on his back) and made it look like a lot of blood was present there. Also, Jackie Kennedy closed up the large flap of bone and scalp at the exit wound and JFK's thick hair hid the massive wound from those doctors. The bottom line was that the Zapruder film showed exactly what happened at the moment of the fatal shot.
This is all BS...I heard Kennedy died fairly recently from chronic alcohol poisoning.

Originally Posted by leverite2
This is all BS...I heard Kennedy died fairly recently from chronic alcohol poisoning.

No, it was complications from untreated syphillis.
that was a younger fatter one

You guys are supposed to know about guns. Watch it yourself.

The last straw --destroying my belief in the frontal headshot -- was actually looking at the Zapruder film in detail and in slow motion. I taped a JFK assassination special aired in the early 80's (I believe it was the "Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald") and after watching the sequence around Z313 over and over, could easily see that the president's head burst open to the front and right. It was also very clear (gruesomely) that a large flap of JFK's scalp hung down from the large exit wound. When watched in slow motion, it was clear that the shot hit and exited, the president's head moved forward, and then (and only then), did his head and body whip back to the rear. I came to believe the Spitz was correct, that the shot came from the rear, and that there was no exit wound visible (in the Zapruder film) in the rear of JFK's head. I came to believe that the Parkland doctors were essentially fooled by the fact that tissue pooled at the back of JFK's head (he was laying on his back) and made it look like a lot of blood was present there. Also, Jackie Kennedy closed up the large flap of bone and scalp at the exit wound and JFK's thick hair hid the massive wound from those doctors. The bottom line was that the Zapruder film showed exactly what happened at the moment of the fatal shot.

This is exactly as I described my analysis of the video a few pages ago. The only item I can say with close to 100% certaintly other than the fact that he's dead, is that that head shot came from behind. People get caught up in the body slumping left and miss the details.

If someone is facing you and leaning over and you shoot them in the head/nervous system (DRT shot) with a rifle at 70-80 yards, they will fall forward towards you. Only in Hollywood do they fly backwards.
I've read EVERY post in this thread,....one thing I know for sure, and will never doubt........

I CAN'T believe they let you anuywhere's near children as an "Educator".

My short eval ?

Cordless chainsaw wielding theorist,....nuttier than squirrel chit.

I'd work on improving that profile,....buckaroo.

GTC

From Locke's "facts and myths" section:

JFK's body was illegally taken from Texas.

True, strictly speaking. In 1963, killing the President was not a Federal offense. Thus the proper jurisdiction for the autopsy, crime investigation and prosecution was the State of Texas. Though there's no real precedent for the crisis, JFK's representatives violated the law by taking the body back to Washington. However, this particular legality would
have been an insignificant consideration to people perhaps in fear that some cataclysmic political event was underway. Additionally, a sinister interpretation of the act would implicate many of JFK's key aides in the alleged conspiracy.
If only the body had remained in Dallas and had gotten a proper autopsy!!!........That itself was the ,,,"best evidence",,, to solve the crime.

Those that believe or conclude that Oswald acted alone, then their conclusions directly conflict with what many doctors and medical personel saw at Parkland hospital.

The "Oswald acting alone" group are correct, in that there was an exit wound (the explosion as seen) exiting the right temple area, AND the conspiracy buffs are also correct, as a second shot fired at the same instant from the right front, entered the same area blasting out the right rear portion of the president`s head.

Imo, all the head explosion of brain matter and blood as seen coming from the right temple area, IS an exit wound. An entrance wound entering the right temple area imo, cannot and would not cause that much of an explosion as seen in the film. But an exit wound certainly can.

To account for what the doctors actually saw at Parkland, which was a large gaping hole at the right rear of the skull and the violent movement backwards by the president as seen in the film, I`ll conclude, that there was in fact a simultaneous shot which entered the right temple area fired from the right front.

Either the "Oswald acted alone" crowd is correct and the eye-witnesses at Parkland were all wrong and mistaken, or all the doctors and medical personel were correct and the "Oswald acted alone" group are wrong. One way or the other!

If the Parkland doctors and medical people were correct, you cannot reconcile the condition of the president`s head with a lone gunman firing from the rear, from the Depository building scenario.

On the other hand, if all the Parkland doctors were incorrect, then you can.

Can`t have it both ways.
The "Oswald acting alone" group are correct, in that there was an exit wound (the explosion as seen) exiting the right temple area, AND the conspiracy buffs are also correct, as a second shot fired at the same instant from the right front, entered the same area blasting out the right rear portion of the president`s head.

Nope, a shot from the Grassy Knoll would have knocked out the LEFT REAR of Kennedy's head.
I can accept the arguments supporting the position that the shots came from behind, but how do Locke and Posner explain Oswald's outstanding marksmanship under conditions of extreme stress?
If only the body had remained in Dallas and had gotten a proper autopsy!!!........That itself was the ,,,"best evidence",,, to solve the crime.

But they didn't, and even so, there's no guarantee that a "proper autopsy" would've been done. Forensic autopsy science today is light-years ahead of what existed in 1963, and there's no guarantee a Dallas autopsy would've been any better than the one done in DC.

Those that believe or conclude that Oswald acted alone, then their conclusions directly conflict with what many doctors and medical personel saw at Parkland hospital.

Not so much. Observations by any medical personnel under the conditions of the moment would be highly colored by emotion, distraction, and so forth. Like any other "eyewitness" accounts, the first impressions formed by even a trained emergency physician in a major trauma case are often erroneous and only after appropriate investigations are performed does the truth come out. Trust me, I know this very, very well from personal experience.

Again, Posner's book deals with the "testimony" of the doctors at Parkland Hospital in detail. There is far less contradiction than you think.
I can accept the arguments supporting the position that the shots came from behind, but how do Locke and Posner explain Oswald's outstanding marksmanship under conditions of extreme stress?

He practiced and despite what you may have heard, it was an easy shot. The car was moving directly away at a slight incline. There was absolutely no need to lead Kennedy at all. That means that the target was for all intents and purposes stationary. The distance was only 88 yards.

Is there anyone on this board who feels that they couldn't hit a head sized stationary target at 88 yards with a scoped rifle?

================

9.1.3 Oswald could not have made the shots.

False. Two points enter in: Oswald's skill and the difficulty of the shots.
Oswald's marksmanship twice passed the Marine Corps requirements.
By their standards, he was an average shot, but he was more than quali-
fied to use a gun and hit a target. The difficulty of the shots has been
overstated. Dealey Plaza is smaller than it appears in photographs or
film. Oswald's longest shot was eighty-eight yards to the target. The
limousine was moving slowly past Oswald when the first shot was
fired. The car turned slightly to go down the inclined portion of the
street, moving slowly up and to the right across Oswald's field of view
when the second and third shots were fired. Despite the relative ease of
the shots, Oswald hit the presumed target (JFK's head) only once out of
three attempts.
THE REAL HAWKEYE - "You folks who are suggesting that like-minded conspirators cannot keep secrets, how do you explain the fact that even TV series creators, and all involved in their production, have no difficulty doing so. An entire season is typically filmed a year in advance, and despite the fact that money could be made by individuals involved revealing who does what in the upcoming season, these secrets are kept pretty well, and we're talking popular entertainment, ..."

Not so. This analogy doesn't even approximate the magnitude a conspiracy coverup would entail for the assassination of a President of the United States.

First, Hollywood is a very "small town." Secrets don't last long there, if one is "in the Business." Writers love to write, but even more so, they love to talk and they talk about what they are writing as either assignments from networks and studios, or as staff writers on a show. Most Hollywood professionals know what is going to happen on a show long before it is aired, and often even before it is filmed. TV and movie scripts circulate around town constantly before they are filmed.

As for the often postulated "truth" that Oswald could not fire three aimed rounds in 7.5 seconds because he had a bolt action rifle... well, as every gun owner here should know, you don't have to work that bolt but twice. One cartridge is already chambered before the first shot, so the bolt is only thrown twice. Ain't hard to do in 7.5 seconds. Try it (no rounds!) sometime with a friend holding a stop watch. If you have access to a range where you can set it up, have a friend clock you shooting at a target at 70-75 yards, with a 6.5 Mannlicher Carcano. Ain't hard there, either.

Something that always amazes me is how many people -- even here -- base their "multiple shooters" hypothesis on "how Kennedy's hair moved on bullet impact;" know precisely how his head and body were positioned at impact: how his head moved on impact; how his shoulder moved on impact; how skull fragments flew here or there on impact; where blood flew on impact, how Mrs. Kennedy reacted; what was in the mind of the Secret Service limo driver's head, and know precisely what would happen with a FMJ bullet fired into a man's brain at 70-80 yards from a 6.5 Mann. Carcano rifle, etc.

Obvioulsy, I'm not an expert in any of these things. I can't asssume any of the "truths" listed above as I was not there. I have never shot a man, much less blown off part of a man's head with a 6.5 Mann. Carcano rifle. But I have killed many game animals over the years, elk, Mule deer, Whitetail deer, Blacktail deer, two antelopes, and two Black bears, plus an unknown amount of tree squirrels, ground squirrels, coyotes, Cottontail and Jackrabbits, with quite a few different calibers with numerous bullets of various brands.

I have seen very strange things happen with bullets hitting and penetraing and sometimes exiting skin, muscle, bones, blood, ligaments, etc. "Magic bullet?" Yep, I've seen bullets take unbelievable angles inside game animals. Absolutely nothing regarding bullet performance is "locked in cement" when it comes to shooting, and every hunter here should know that.

From the many times I've watched the Zapruder film, including the slow motion frames, etc., I believe that both shots that hit President Kennedy came from the rear. (Oswald is still my candidate.)

As for the "conspiracy" to cover everything up from the moment bullets impacted President Kennedy to the time he was buried at Arlington Nat'l.Cem., if there were a "conspiracy," aside from the hundreds of people "in on it," one more player would have to be listed on the roster: Robert F. Kennedy, the President's brother and U.S. Attorney General. It was on his demands that JFK's body was removed from Parkland and placed on the airplane to D.C., and he was the chief law enforcement officer in the United States.

Doesn't make sense to me although I'm well aware my reasons stated above won't matter to the "true believers." wink

Just my take on it.
Isaac,

Sounds like a good explanation by someone who never fired multiple shots in a short period of time from a cheap bolt action rifle at a moving target the size of a head at 88 yards. Granted it was only something I saw on TV, but a world class marksman made the shots in a recreation under conditions of minimum stress. He admitted that someone without his training would find it very difficult. Try making an "easy" five foot put when you have a $100 bet on the line. Most folks don't get better at something when placed in the most stressful situation they have ever encountered.

Rick

Nope, a shot from the Grassy Knoll would have knocked out the LEFT REAR of Kennedy's head.
............You`d think that based on the angles from the grassy knoll in relation to where the limo was at the instant of the fatal head shot or shots. I know what you`re saying. That is based on where they think a shooter might have been.

It has never been firmly established where exactly a grassy knoll shooter might have been firing from, only hypothesized through the Mary Moorman still photos. However, a shooter further down west on Elm St towards the overpass, but still located behind the stockade fence, would have a decreased shot angle and that imo would be very plausible.

Also, depending on the type of bullet used, it is possible that after entering the right front skull temple area, a bullet can change direction or angle somewhat prior to exiting out the back of the head.

Either way, the doctors at Parkland were ALL either mistaken, or there was a lone gunman firing from the rear. You have to discard one or the other.
Isaac,

Sounds like a good explanation by someone who never fired multiple shots in a short period of time from a cheap bolt action rifle at a moving target the size of a head at 88 yards. Granted it was only something I saw on TV, but a world class marksman made the shots in a recreation under conditions of minimum stress. He admitted that someone without his training would find it very difficult. Try making an "easy" five foot put when you have a $100 bet on the line. Most folks don't get better at something when placed in the most stressful situation they have ever encountered.

Rick

Why would shooting the president be any more stressful for a nut like Oswald be any different than the stress felt by the Average Joe when he shoots the biggest whitetail he has ever seen? Honestly, I know a few people who literally pissed their pants they were so excited, yet they executed harder shots than the one Oswald did.
He was a United States Marine.
He hit the head once out of 3 attempts. You play with that fact as you wish.
Isaac,

Rick

Why would shooting the president be any more stressful for a nut like Oswald be any different than the stress felt by the Average Joe when he shoots the biggest whitetail he has ever seen? Honestly, I know a few people who literally pissed their pants they were so excited, yet they executed harder shots than the one Oswald did.
Shooting POTUS just like shooting deer. Let me think about that for a minute.

Nope, not buying it. Sorry
It has never been firmly established where exactly a grassy knoll shooter might have been firing from, only hypothesized through the Mary Moorman still photos. However, a shooter further down west on Elm St towards the overpass, but still located behind the stockade fence, would have a decreased shot angle and that imo would be very plausible.

Have you ever been to Dealy Plaza? Because one thing is very obvious when you go there, it is really small.

The fence isn't big enough for someone to hide behind and even if they had, they would have been out in the open at the end of a parking lot. It is wide open behind that fence.

There just isn't anywhere for someone to have been in that plaza without being seen. And I guarandamntee you that if someone had touched off a centerfire rifle in that plaza at ground level, there would have been absolutely no doubt as to where the shots originated. It is just too small.

And it someone was shooting from the front, what happened to the bullet. The Elm Street back towards the intersection at Houston was lined with people and they got really thick at the corner. Everyone on this board knows that something as inconsequential as a skull doesn't stop a bullet. It is very likely that if the shot had come from the front, someone behind Kennedy on the street would have been hit.
I've watched that video at least 100 times since this thread started and it creeps me out even more than the first and last time I watched it. What must have ensued in that car after. Shock, fear, panic, delusion--likely every emotion known.

What a day that must have been.
Isaac,

Rick

The physiological effects would be very similar.
Isaac,

Rick

If we believe that Oswald was a psychopath or sociopath, he would have no greater feeling for shooting the POTUS than he would for squashing a spider. Mental cases see and feel things differently than us and decreased adrenaline response is one of the main indicators of psychopathology.

Reminds me of what the fictional gun slinger English Bob said about the shooting of Abe Lincoln. "If you were to try to assassination a king, sir, the... how shall I say it? The aura of royalty would cause you to miss. But, the president...[chuckles] I mean, why not shoot the president?"
Originally Posted by byc
I've watched that video at least 100 times since this thread started and it creeps me out even more than the first and last time I watched it. What must have ensued in that car after. Shock, fear, panic, delusion--likely every emotion known.

What a day that must have been.
I was a toddler at the time.
Both sides of the issue like to cite the Zapruder film for support for their positions. Its history and its (always explained and passed over) obvious splices make it a very suspect piece of evidence for me.
I read a book once that hinted that the reasoning for the killing was Mafia related. Hoffa was involved and Oswald was their guy, as was Ruby.

What I know:

Oswald is dead
JFK is dead

That's it. Do I think Oswald killed him? Sure. Do I think he acted alone? Nope. Either in planning or execution - I think he had help at some point in time.

I do know this - as Pugs said - some vast government conspiracy to assassinate JFK just couldn't happen. We've got similar work experiences that bear this out I don't idea that there probably wasn't a conspiracy to kill JFK from the government. I DO believe tho that a small group of like minded individuals could come together and make sure a certain result was the one accepted once the deed happened.

Most of these guys were prob old WWII vets and guys who really understood for the good of the country. We can't put today's habits or proclivities on yesterday's people. Don't work that way.

So JFK was killed - by Oswald and maybe someone else popping shots as well. I've never been to the place - is it possible that there's another high vantage point, behind, the grassy knoll where one could shoot from? Dunno.

I don't believe there was a conspiracy to kill him but I do believe it's entirely possible that people came together after to do what they thought was best for the country.

I have no doubt in my mind that Oswald was the shooter. Dealy Plaza is a small place, the longest shot being around 90 yards or so. Oswald was a nut job, and he got very lucky. We do not expound theroys on the guys that shot Reagan, or Lennon, or most anybody else, because they were nutjobs, and they got lucky. You can't apply the logic of today to what happened then. That's why the building wasn't secure, etc. Oswald did the shooting, and a chain of events and choices, led up to that shooting. If any one of those events/choices were changed, the outcome would have different. It takes a nutjob's mind to think of a plan like that, and then actually carry it through, thinking the whole time that it is going to work, and that they will get away with it. You cannot apply logic and common sense to someone that is nuts. Oswald, IMO, was the one of the luckiest shooters in history.

R.
Originally Posted by teal
...but I do believe it's entirely possible that people came together after to do what they thought was best for the country.

Andrew - I very much believe that to be true as well. (I also believe that there were those who knew ahead of time, but did nothing for the very same reason. I wrote my term paper on the assassination in 1966 and have put in a lot of time studying it in the years since. I enjoy discussing it whenever I run into someone with an open mind.) Best, John
He hit the head once out of 3 attempts. You play with that fact as you wish.
.............If that`s the case, then you would have only one entrance wound in the back of the head and one much larger exit wound exiting from the right temple caused by the same bullet...........I`ll agree with that. Oswald (if he were the only shooter), didn`t have enough time to put two bullets into the head.

But how then, would you reconcile what the Parkland doctors saw; a large approx 2 3/4" gaping hole at the right rear portion of the head; with a lone gunman firing from the rear? They also agreed that the throat wound near the atoms apple was an entrance wound.

You have to believe either the condition of the body, which would include the head, or believe that all of the doctors at Parkland were sadly mistaken.

If there was in fact a large gaping hole in the back of the president`s skull as the Parkland doctors have stated, that could only mean a shot coming from the right front. You cannot get that large of a hole (an est 2 3/4" by Dr McClelland) with that much damage as described by doctors in the rear of a skull by a shot coming from the rear. Bullets don`t operate that way! They go in small, expand and do much bone damage to the skull as they exit.

If the Parkland doctors were correct, that means more than one shooter. If they were all wrong, then that`s a different matter.

If the condition of the president`s head was correct as described by the Parkland doctors, then that directly contradicts the Warren Commission`s findings that Oswald acted alone. If one can reconcile those two things, (what the doctors at Parkland saw and the Warren Commission), then the bullet used that day for the head shot fired from the rear goes against all normal physical entrance and exit bullet wound physics.

There did not have to be two shooters for Oswald to have been part of a conspiracy - but the House concluded there were more than one shooter. Since then , the idea of a conspiracy is discussed solely about the number of shooters involved .

The doctors at Parkland were trying to save a life . The idea that they would be mistaken about the nature of the wounds to JFK's head is on a par with some of TRH's stuff . [ You got THAT , Doc Rocket !grin

A lot of the strange actions of people in the immediate aftermath of the shooting don't beg for a conspiracy . I think you have people trying to cover-up a conspiracy when they didn't know who the conspiritors were or , in fact , didn't even have any evidence of a conspiracy .

You had to be alive and an adult in those days to understand how real the threat of nuclear war was to ordinary folks .MAD had not evolved yet .If the "reds" had killed JFK , Johnson would have had to nuke 'em .THAT's the thought on the minds of the players at the time .

I don't recall a single person who at the time believed Oswald acted alone .The familiar refrain about how "we" just can't accept that someone as insignificant as Oswald could kill A POTUS is just a bunch of B.S.dreamed up later .

"We" were a damn sight smarter back then .

Some of us still are .grin
The doctors at Parkland were trying to save a life . The idea that they would be mistaken about the nature of the wounds to JFK's head is on a par with some of TRH's stuff .
============

Laffin'! The doctors were frantically trying to save a life,not examine the forensic nature of the wounds. They did not even roll the president over during this 20 minute attempt to save his life.His head was caked in blood and brain matter. Most every, if not each one of the doctors all concurred with the real autopsy findings.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/clark.txt
I don't understand why people as knowledgable about firearms as the people on this board are waste time discussing things like "exit wounds" when talking about a high velocity bullet to the head at relatively close range.

What happens to a watermelon when you shoot it with a rifle? Can you discern an "entrance and exit" wound when looking a watermelon shot with a rifle. No, usually not because it completely exploded.

The only things that kept Kennedy's head reasonable together were the hair and the scalp. Otherwise, it would have disintegrated.
9.2.6 The third (head) shot had to have come from the front.

False. From a forensics point of view, the direction of the head shot is unambiguous. 1) A bullet causes the skull to "dish," i.e. a beveled portion of bone will be knocked out away from the direction of the bullet, like the dishing caused by a bullet going through a pane of glass. Both
the dishing at the back of JFK's skull and at the right-front reveal a shot from behind. 2) All the bullet fragments in JFK's skull were right of the centerline, precluding a shot from the right front (GK). 3) There was no exit wound on the left of JFK's skull.

Considering physical forces alone, a bullet lacks the momentum to violently push a human body, such as we see in movies. The force is large, but the time over which it is exerted is too short.
Bob,
A breath of fresh air into a fetid atmosphere.

Steve
I'm bettin' that if an impeccable eyewitness to an event was prepared to testify as a fact witness in a manner favorable to your client , and your opponent was preparing a panel of expert witnesses to refute his testimony on the basis of some black and white photographs provided by another source , you'd feel pretty good and probably having a ball preparing your cross examination questions .

Better switch clients , counselor ; the Parkland Doctors own the jury !
Remember too, that Oswald (if only the lone shooter), was using 160 gr round nosed bullets from his 6.5mm Carcano.

I don`t believe that an entrance wound to the back of the head by a round nosed bullet, can cause such an extensive massive wound 2 3/4" across assuming the Parkland doctors saw that.

A lone gunman from the rear and firing from the Depository building, doesn`t match up with either the Parkland doctors statements or the statements made years later by the Bethesda X ray techs.

Therein lies the problem. A conflict between doctors and the physical bodily evidence and those who wish to believe Oswald acted alone.

The condition of the president`s head right after the assassination trumped all else. It was the best evidence to surely solve the crime.

Assuming of course,,everyone wanted it solved? Though, I don`t think everyone within the govt really wanted it to be solved.
I don't think the majority of America gave a damn, as long as it wasn't an act of war. He was the most widely hated president ever until a couple years ago.
Doctors Porto and Williams , both nuerologists who worked on him at Parkland never took a stance on bullet direction , number of shots , etc .They said the autopsy photos taken at Bethesda did not corelate with what they worked on in Dallas .
I disagree that he missed his target twice (if indeed it was him that fired all three times). He hit high on the back of the neck on the second shot, that's a hit and may in fact have been a mortal wound.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't think the majority of America gave a damn, as long as it wasn't an act of war. He was the most widely hated president ever until a couple years ago.

..and the reason I hope nothing happens to this president. Only in death can a person like them be respected.
Learning and drawing reasoned conclusions from all the evidence is hard and I accept the fact it's easier to form a belief and do what's necessary to stay there,than meticulously analyzing all available evidence and facts.

Your reliance on eyewitness testimony is much greater than mine and far behind the times in this day of modern jurisprudence. I'd take the med and forensic expert testimony in support of forensic findings over eye-witness testimony each and every time!!Not even a debate!!
If the head was his target,he missed 3 times!!
If the head was his target,he missed 3 times!!

He hit the head on the third, how is that a miss?

Maybe he was real good and his only shot on the second was the neck because of the trees.
Doctors Porto and Williams , both nuerologists who worked on him at Parkland never took a stance on bullet direction , number of shots , etc .They said the autopsy photos taken at Bethesda did not corelate with what they worked on in Dallas .

==============

Have you even read the testimony and findings of all four or five of the expertys above who were hired specifically to perform and then report upon the autopsy?

9.3.1 The Dallas doctors differed with the autopsists.

True at the time. The Dallas doctors spent twenty minutes laboring in
vain to save the President's life. The President's wounds were covered
with blood. They never turned JFK over. Consequently, some of their
initial descriptions of the wounds differed from the official determina-
tion of the autopsy. However, upon review most of the Dallas doctors
agree with the findings of the autopsy.
The also enlarged the hole in the front of the neck for a tracheotomy almost as soon as he came through the door. Later, other doctors newly arrived in the room, saw the hole and didn't even realize that it was a bullet wound.
9.2.6 The third (head) shot had to have come from the front.

False. From a forensics point of view, the direction of the head shot is unambiguous. 1) A bullet causes the skull to "dish," i.e. a beveled portion of bone will be knocked out away from the direction of the bullet, like the dishing caused by a bullet going through a pane of glass. Both
the dishing at the back of JFK's skull and at the right-front reveal a shot from behind. 2) All the bullet fragments in JFK's skull were right of the centerline, precluding a shot from the right front (GK). 3) There was no exit wound on the left of JFK's skull.

Considering physical forces alone, a bullet lacks the momentum to violently push a human body, such as we see in movies. The force is large, but the time over which it is exerted is too short.
................Like I stated in my posts, either all the doctors at Parkland were sadly mistaken or they were correct. The actual condition of the head trumps all theory, speculations, etc.

True! There was no damage to the left rear of the skull, but as the docs all stated, there was considerable damage to the right rear portion of the skull which doesn`t jive with Oswald acting alone. If the Dallas doctors were correct and I believe they were, you must account for another assassin. An entrance wound to the skull using a round nosed bullet from a 6.5mm Carcano, will not cause a 2 3/4" gaping rear wound to the skull.

You are either correct, or the doctors were wrong!

Explain then, how an occipital skull bone fragment which is later found on the grass some 41 feet to the left rear of the fatal impact point. By an entrance wound fired from the rear??? An entrance wound to the skull is going to cause a fragment of occipital bone to fly some 41 feet to the rear?..........Ain`t buying that one!!!

==============

Have you even read the testimony and findings of all four or five of the expertys above who were hired specifically to perform and then report upon the autopsy?

9.3.1 The Dallas doctors differed with the autopsists.

True at the time. The Dallas doctors spent twenty minutes laboring in
vain to save the President's life. The President's wounds were covered
with blood. They never turned JFK over. Consequently, some of their
initial descriptions of the wounds differed from the official determina-
tion of the autopsy. However, upon review most of the Dallas doctors
agree with the findings of the autopsy.
...............Then why do we have statements from the Bethesda X ray techs, who in fact DID see the back of the prez`s head, collaborating the very things that the Parkland doctors saw?
I meant he hit the head one time as you well know I stated in my first post. The one you originally replied to, remember??
If you ever try a case in Mississippi , you might want to retain local counsel !grin.

I'm keeping an open mind and it is doubtful that at this late date any evidence will be forthcoming to establish that Oswald had no help .

OTOH , with Fat Ted gone and Fidel barely holding on , the climate could well change over the next few years be more favorable to further disclosures .
I meant he hit the head one time as you well know I stated in my first post. The one you originally replied to, remember??

I was just confused why you said "three times". Thought there was some cleverness I was missing.
Also, the autopsy photos presented to the Warren Commission were actual rendered drawings submitted by the govt. Those drawings did not show any damage the rear of the skull.

The govt handed over to the Warren Commission, only what they wanted them to see.
If you ever try a case in Mississippi , you might want to retain local counsel !grin.

I'm keeping an open mind and it is doubtful that at this late date any evidence will be forthcoming to establish that Oswald had no help .

OTOH , with Fat Ted gone and Fidel barely holding on , the climate could well change over the next few years be more favorable to further disclosures .

============

There is zero evidence to suggest he did have help. Nothing you or big squeeze are saying isn't supported by any proof or link you've provided. You simply say "stuff" and expect it warrants some credibility.

And curdog.....I really don't need you telling me whether or not forensic expert testimony is given less weight than eyewitness testimony,OK? Way out of your bailiwick,my boy!!
I'm impressed by all the forensic investigators and forensic pathologists we have on this board.

Reminds me of what the fictional gun slinger English Bob said about the shooting of Abe Lincoln. "If you were to try to assassination a king, sir, the... how shall I say it? The aura of royalty would cause you to miss. But, the president...[chuckles] I mean, why not shoot the president?"
English Bob was real amusing until Little Bill kicked the schitt out if him.
Originally Posted by ironbender
I'm impressed by all the forensic investigators and forensic pathologists we have on this board.
.........Back in the 80s, I saw interviews with several of the Dallas doctors, as well as an interview given by Paul Kelly O`Connor (now deceased), who was one of the X ray techs on duty that night at Bethesda. They all state, that there was a large exit wound at the right rear part of the skull and not a wound of entry.

Can someone please explain to me how a wound of entry, created by a 160 gr round nosed bullet fired from a 6.5mm Carcano, can create an entry hole to the skull of around 2 3/4" in diameter???

It doesn`t take a forensic investigator or a foresnic pathologist, of which I`m certainly not either, to figure that out, that bullet entry wounds are much smaller and create far less damage than are bullet exit wounds which are much larger and create far more damage.
I've shot a deer right in the sternumn before, took about a 1.5 inch chunk of bone out upon entry.
You can't apply logic to what a crazy person did. Oswald did it himself. Because this doesn't make sense to most sane people, they automatically think he had to have had help.

R.
It does raise an interesting question.

How important does a person have to be before it switches from murder to assassination?
Public Office?
An assassination may require a plan, where a murder may not?
Do you murder or assassinate a mayor, or police chief?

R.
What about an Alderman or city council member? What's the line?
.........Back in the 80s, I saw interviews with several of the Dallas doctors, as well as an interview given by Paul Kelly O`Connor (now deceased), who was one of the X ray techs on duty that night at Bethesda. They all state, that there was a large exit wound at the right rear part of the skull and not a wound of entry.

Can someone please explain to me how a wound of entry, created by a 160 gr round nosed bullet fired from a 6.5mm Carcano, can create an entry hole to the skull of around 2 3/4" in diameter???

It doesn`t take a forensic investigator or a foresnic pathologist, of which I`m certainly not either, to figure that out, that bullet entry wounds are much smaller and create far less damage than are bullet exit wounds which are much larger and create far more damage.

My remark was not directed at you bigsqueeze. It was "quick reply" and you were right above me.

The comment stands in regard to this thread. I'll bet a Pepsi no one's thinking gets changed.

prison planet TV......TRH's favorite network

English Bob was real amusing until Little Bill kicked the schitt out if him.
Little Bill got the jump on him. In a fair shootout, who knows what would have happened.
Little Bill got the jump on him. In a fair shootout, who knows what would have happened.

The guy who wrote the scene and director know what would have happened...
Assasination is murder. But not every murder is an assasination.
Originally Posted by ILR

That's the question then isn't it - why not?
Originally Posted by Rman
I've shot a deer right in the sternumn before, took about a 1.5 inch chunk of bone out upon entry.
You can't apply logic to what a crazy person did. Oswald did it himself. Because this doesn't make sense to most sane people, they automatically think he had to have had help.

R.
....................A 1.5" chunk of bone out of a deer`s sternum upon entry, may not equate exactly same compared with a human skull. Using a round nosed bullet on that deer or pointed spitzer?

If there was no large rear wound of exit from the rear of the skull, then I`d agree with you. The liklihood of there being only a lone shooter from the rear would then be very high.

The guy who wrote the scene and director know what would have happened...
wink
Originally Posted by ILR

I think he means when justified it's not murder, such as if the attempts on Hitler's life were successful, that would be an assassination, but not a murder.
Type of motive, level of planning, care of preparation, drive and skill of execution, realm of impact and consequenses.

R.
....................A 1.5" chunk of bone out of a deer`s sternum upon entry, may not equate exactly same compared with a human skull. Using a round nosed bullet on that deer or pointed spitzer?

If there was no large rear wound of exit from the rear of the skull, then I`d agree with you. The liklihood of there being only a lone shooter from the rear would then be very high.

That was kind of my point. A deer sternumn is a hell of a lot thicker than human skull, and does not have the "fault lines" or seams in it like a human skull does. I can see a round nosed bullet punching a hole like that in skull very easily, especially inside a hundred yards. Also, if you shoot a deer in the head, and take the time to skin it, not only will you see a hell of mess, but big chunks of skull all over the place. The only thing that holds it all together is scalp and hair. Deer hide is a lot thicker as well, plus a deer head doesn't have over a liter of blood and fluid in it, not to mention a big chunk of jello in the middle like we have. A bullet that size does not punch a clean hole through bone, ever.

R.
I think he means when justified it's not murder, such as if the attempts on Hitler's life were successful, that would be an assassination, but not a murder.

That is presicely false.
as�sas�si�nate [ &#601; s�ss'n �yt ] (past and past participle as�sas�si�nat�ed, present participle as�sas�si�nat�ing, 3rd person present singular as�sas�si�nates)

transitive verb

Definition:

1. murder somebody: to kill somebody, especially a political leader or other public figure, by a sudden violent attack

2. ruin something: to harm or destroy something such as somebody's reputation maliciously or treacherously

Originally Posted by ILR

Assassination is murder of an official for political reasons. Every assassination is murder, but not everyone murdered is a public official or for the purposes of political gain.

Explain then, how an occipital skull bone fragment which is later found on the grass some 41 feet to the left rear of the fatal impact point. By an entrance wound fired from the rear??? An entrance wound to the skull is going to cause a fragment of occipital bone to fly some 41 feet to the rear?..........Ain`t buying that one!!!
==============

Even you keep trying to enlarge the distance.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/harper.htm
Shoot a large glass jar full of water with a 6.5mm bullet at 100 yards. You're going to find glass everywhere, including the direction the bullet came from.

R.
You all need to relax and chill out. The Mothman will let you in on a little secret. The Mothman and ol' Harv did it together. He took the first two shots, and The Mothman took the last one. We were supposed to meet Cheney for drinks after, but Harv got sloppy. Now you know!

It is what it is!

ML

[Linked Image]

This is a hog I shot this morning . Is the side nearest the camera the exit or entrance wound ?

Never did get any "bites" on this .Fact is that the side nearest the camera has a big portion of the rib cage blown away and you can see a small hole thru the far side rib cage . I would assume - like most of you here , I'm betting that the small one on the far side is the entrance wound and the blown away part is the exit .

Such was not the case . The 300 gr. HP from my 45 70 made a hell of a mess at entrance and 157 gr. of it continued on thru the hog and stopped under the skin on the far side .

Granted that Oswald's bullets were of a different type entirely , but the picture proves what most of us already know :

Bullets ALWAYS follow the laws of physics , but sometimes we consider the wrong law in making assumptions .

============

There is zero evidence to suggest he did have help. Nothing you or big squeeze are saying isn't supported by any proof or link you've provided. You simply say "stuff" and expect it warrants some credibility.

And curdog.....I really don't need you telling me whether or not forensic expert testimony is given less weight than eyewitness testimony,OK? Way out of your bailiwick,my boy!!

What prompted my remark is this : " My " company had a really good track record defending our airplanes in product liability and wrongful death lawsuits , due primarily to the fact that we had a good , experienced law firm representing us and we never went "cheap".

Then we went up against an old country lawyer down in Miss . We had a team of high priced expert witnesses who made a living testifying about Pratt and Whitney turbine engines .The Miss. lawyer had one expert witness who held a high school diploma and a grudge against his former employer , Pratt and Whitney .

Two fractured upper vertabrae are worth 5 million bucks in Mississippi ! The jury believed the good ol' boy .

The " victim" took his money , bought his old wrecked plane from his ins. co. , had it repaired and went right back to flying .

But , you're right . I have no more business entering lawyer discussions than you have picking football games ! grin

My remark was not directed at you bigsqueeze. It was "quick reply" and you were right above me.

The comment stands in regard to this thread. I'll bet a Pepsi no one's thinking gets changed.
..............You`re right. Beliefs now, are pretty much set in stone. But it is interesting, even after all this time and after my several trips to Dealey Plaza.

What I`ve done after googling many times..."zapruder film slow motion"...causes me to really think about the two head shot scenario promoted by Robert Grodin as I have met and talked with him at Dealey during one visit. He suggested that I google this and break it down into to two seperate parts.

When I double click my mouse very very quickly, I can isolate and freeze fractions of each frame. Nearly out of frame 311 going into frame 312 or by mid 312, (freezing there at just the right spot), there is clearly a disruption of hair near the top/rear portion of the president`s skull. Double click the mouse very fast again or maybe once more (freezing there at the right spot), you`ll see faint brain matter in front of Jackie from that same bullet exiting the right temple area. That, is the 1st head shot from the rear, which in frame 313 turns into the violent head explosion. However, that alone does not and cannot account for a large rear exit wound as seen at Parkland or at Bethesda.

To account for such a large rear exit wound at the rear of the skull which those pesky doctors saw, somewhere between late 312 to early 313, another bullet is then fired from the right front entering the right temple area at nearly the same instant. Note at that instant (if you freeze at the right spot), the bulging skull area to the rear of the president`s head, which is "NOT" seen at the very instant of the 1st shot impacting from the rear. There imo, is the 2nd head shot, accounting for the large rear exit wound and also explaining why the president was vaulted violently backwards.

Two seperate shots, from two different directions, impacting almost at the very same instant. The 1st fired from the rear entering the top/rear portion of the skull area clearly exiting the right temple area, while the 2nd enters the right temple area and exits at the right rear portion of the skull, evident by the skull`s rear bulge.

Frames 310 to 328 are shown. Took me a little practice in order to freeze at just the right spots starting from frame 310.

Although something to play around with, I do recognize the gruesome horror, showing a life being violently taken away.
Shoot a large glass jar full of water with a 6.5mm bullet at 100 yards. You're going to find glass everywhere, including the direction the bullet came from.

R.
.............The structure of glass, is not the same as a human skull. Firing a bullet into a glass filled with water, is not the same as a human skull filled with brain. Glass will have a greater tendancy to shatter into hundreds of pieces rather than a human skull.
I have investigated my share of suicide shootings in the head, and I can tell you pieces of skull fragments, brains, noses, ear flaps and eyelids go in a bunch of different directions including straight back toward the muzzle of the rifle.

And I agree with isaac that eye witness testimony is often the easiest to discredit. I would sooner have forensics and documentary evidence any day.
my theory is the only logical one. the parrs put oswald up to it why else would he have at the parr ranch not to long before the assignation.............. grin The Duke of Duval - delion......................Texas Mutiny: Bullets, Ballots and Boss Rule

When Lyndon Johnson earned the nickname "Landslide Lyndon" in 1948, he did much more than barge into the U.S. Senate on the strength of 87 questionable votes. His election sparked a feud between two Texans, one, a powerful political boss, the other a law and order attorney. Their dispute degenerated into murder and a 12 year investigation that landed back on LBJ's doorstep on the eve of his presidency. The setting for the saga was South Texas Duval and Jim Wells counties. The key players were George Parr, �The Duke of Duval,� the boss of the South Texas political machine, patr�n to the Mexican people; and Jake Floyd, prominent attorney, political operative, dairy farmer, Baptist deacon and family man. Through a powerful network of alliances, George Parr controlled politics in 15 South Texas counties and wielded influence at the state capital and in Washington. He also exercised considerable power over economic development in his realm, controlling banks and exacting high tax levies. His stranglehold was anathema to Jake Floyd, who practiced law in Jim Wells County, considered part of the duke's kingdom and next door to Parr�s home of Duval County. Floyd was also a successful businessman, owning dairy farms and a partnership in a profitable oil company. Out of a drive for economic survival and a distaste for corruption, Floyd led the opposition against Parr's near stranglehold. In September 1952, the Parr Floyd adversarial relationship took a personal turn. Becoming more of a menace in various legal battles, Floyd became the target of a Mexican gunman hired by the Parr regime. But the plot went awry. The triggerman killed Floyd's look alike 22 year old son. Parr never went to trial in the murder, but one of his sheriff's deputies, a thug named Mario Sapet, served a 99 year sentence for hiring the killer and providing the murder weapon and getaway car. A Parr compadre, a lawyer named Nago Alaniz, was charged in the case, but was acquitted after the Duke of Duval hired famed Texas attorney Percy Foreman to represent him. The Mexican triggerman, a hoodlum and drug trafficker named Alfredo Cervantes, disappeared into the mountains of his homeland for eight years before he was arrested. It took four more years to bring him to trial, but a Mexican judge eventually found him guilty and sentenced him to a 30 year term. Jake Floyd dedicated the last dozen years of his life to resolving the case, unbowed by a string of obstacles, many of them traceable to George Parr. There was plenty of overt evidence of Parr's involvement in a cover-up. At one point, Alaniz strongly suggested to Floyd that Parr was behind the murder plot. Yet, none of the three men arrested in the case ever told the truth about who was behind the murder. When Parr, himself, was questioned about Buddy Floyd in 1975, just months before the Duke committed suicide, he dismissed the matter with an evasive laugh. George Parr outlived his nemesis Jake Floyd by 11 years, yet he, too, tasted final defeat. The opposition led by Floyd and others continued to win support from the state and ultimately from federal authorities. In the end, Parr chose to end his own life rather than live out his days behind bars...............
( kinda makes since if you knew how the parrs operated if he had his boy LBJ in the highest office in the land he could of continued with his deals without worrying about the feds )

R.
.............The structure of glass, is not the same as a human skull. Firing a bullet into a glass filled with water, is not the same as a human skull filled with brain. Glass will have a greater tendancy to shatter into hundreds of pieces rather than a human skull.

you've never found blood or blowback body parts on the shooter's side of a dead deer? I have.

R.

you've never found blood or blowback body parts on the shooter's side of a dead deer? I have.
.........Not talking about deer or a bullet`s effects on deer. There will be alot of skull fragments when impacted, but not to the degree of glass.

I`m still not buying that an entrance wound to a human skull can cause nearly as much damage as an exit wound to a human skull.
No one except those with predisposed fantasy seriously argue against the unequivocal forensic evidence that the bullets entered the President's body from the rear.

And, again, you have shown nothing by way of any factual evidence or proof to support your assertions and your opinion just isn't going to cut it.
No one except those with predisposed conspiracy fantasies seriously argue that there was a giant conspiracy and a handful of extra shooters that gunned down Kennedy.

smile
Read the book "The Life and Times of a Mafia Kingfish".
It sounds like you consider the team of doctors hastily assembled to try and save JFK as incompetent to understand what they were seeing with their own eyes , immediately following the event .

By the late seventies when I was his patient ,Dr. Lito Porto was considered one of the top five nuerosurgeons in the entire world .I recall reading an article about a mountain climber in S.A. who suffered a severe brain injury . Porto was flown down there to operate .

Understand , I didn't get any of this from google so it may be wrong .grin

Again , Porto told me that the autopsy photos didn't match up with what he saw with his own eyes .

You and Isaac would take the word of forensic guys [ aren't they doctors , also ?] looking at pictures instead of a world class doctor's eyewitness testimony . I think they call that being blinded by science !grin.
You obviously aren't following along or looking at the links provided clearly disproving your claims. Your bud doctor was not one of the immediate treating neurosurgeons. Lastly, what those doctors saw was a bloody pulp,period. How about MaGruder, his assistant and both Connally's who eyewitnessed the incident and all of whome stated brain matter flew towards all of them. Of course, you may have some issue with their testimony,being eyewitnesses, and all. Lastly, as stated and with the link shown earlier, every doctor ACTUALLY involved with that frantic 20 minutes, agreed with the autopsy findings. Maybe your buddy was jealous of that whackjob Grossman who also claimed to have been in the ER.

You may not have obtained your info from Google but you haven't obtained anything you've stated from any credible,reliable source as far as I can gather.

Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by stevelyn
"Oswald did not do it."

That ain't my quote dude.

BMT

I know that. I wasn't trying to imply it was.
OK, thank you.

BMT
http://www.jfklancer.com/parkland_drs.html
Well , yeah , really he was one of the first . He was only a resident at the time and was the first to call attention to an apparent entry wound on the LEFT side of the head . And his boss at the time , the chief nuerosurgeon , didn't agree with the autopsy findings and neither did the head anathesiologist.

I did go to google a few minutes ago and entered " Dr. Lito Porto" and the first hit is a quote from some book called " High Treason" which claims he was the first to call attention to it and the other doctors concurred .

There is a bunch of far out stuff in there as well . In fact , the title is " Jackie shot him " !

I was surprised to see that about four or five places down the list pertaining to Porto is [ drum roll here ] my post on here made about an hour prior to my request for info .

I might start using that "google" deal more . I just need to learn how to copy the stuff I find .

OTOH ................ Dove season opens Wednesday .grin
The next thing that always struck me as improbable was the notion that a "conspiracy" arranged the killing. Such persons would be presumed to have money, resources, the ability to plan the crime, etc.

Taking a head shot at someone riding in a moving car, surrounded by security seems a low percentage shot. Yes, I know our SEALS shoot pirates in bobbing boats with no problem, but a shooter of similar skill would still be taking the risk with numerous spectators around, which would likely cause arrest. Apparently a careful planner might have learned of the plexiglass cover for the limo, further worsening the odds. It seems to me people with resources would pick a safer, more sure situation. It was Oswald's only opportunity.

Kennedy had plenty of skeletons in his closet - mistresses, etc. Again, for "an evil conspiracy" out to get JFK, it would seem much easier and safer to just arrange for something really embarrassing to happen to JFK, ruining his legacy and chances for re-election.

No one except those with predisposed fantasy seriously argue against the unequivocal forensic evidence that the bullets entered the President's body from the rear.

And, again, you have shown nothing by way of any factual evidence or proof to support your assertions and your opinion just isn't going to cut it.
.............Then you are discarding the medical eye witnessess at Parkland and the medical eye witnesses at Bethesda as well. Not only that, you are discarding all of those eye witnesses, who were there, who thought that at least one shot was fired from the knoll. That`s why dozens ran towards the knoll immediately after the assassination to find a shooter. Were they all wrong at the same time?

One shooter! Two? Three? It all hinges on the condition of the president`s head. Either there was a large gaping hole in the back of the skull or there wasn`t. If there was, the only conclusion you can realistically come to, is a 2nd shooter at the knoll area. Other than those medical autopsy drawings (forgeries), submitted to the Warren Commission as evidence, what evidence do you have, which can dispute the existence of a large gaping exit hole at the rear of the president`s head? An interview from an actual Parkland eye witness? A Bethesda eye witness?

My opinions, are not based on my own seperate opinions. My conclusions are based on what the Parkland doctors said they saw, plus what the Bethesda X ray techs also saw, who all confirmed, that there was a shot to the head from the front. The Parkland doctors also confirmed, that before the throat wound was surgically expanded to insert a tube for trach work, the throat wound "was a small wound of entry", meaning a shot also from the front. Can you also produce evidence which disputes frontal entry to the throat?
In most of the novels involving sniper shootings of people in civilian life , the shooter stalks his victim , plans a shot based on the victim's movements .

Here , we have Oswald , if he acted alone , fortunate enough to have his target come driving by Oswald's workplace in an open car , offering what is a relativly easy shot .

Lots of folks with money and other resources had no use for JFK , so there is no shortage of motives .

Events subsequent to the shooting of JFK , actions taken by the Federal Gov't for the most part , ensure that a proper investigation will never take place .

As I said earlier ;"I don't have to ascertain the source of the oder to know that something stinks " .
� Understand , I didn't get any of this from google so it may be wrong .grin

If it isn't pedigreed by Snopes.com, it's gotta be wrong.
Look, Friend Ken [ us old guys don't have to call you DR. , you said so yourself when you first stumbled into the light cast by this campfire years ago ] I still struggle posting a picture on here and you introduce a whole new deal I'm supposed to master if I'm to be accepted into the " Inner Sanctum " .
Joe DiMaggio,... and that's all I'm sayin'! whistle wink
JFK forbade the media to refer to him as "Jack."

Eisenhower remarked "As long as I live, I'll answer to 'Ike.'"

As long as I live, I'll be � to anybody � jus' plain ol' "Ken."

edited to add �

( � except to certain lovely Honorary Daughters � preteens to middle 'ties � who hug me and call me "Uncle Ken.")
The old radio show "The Inner Sanctum" used to open and close with the sound of an eerily creaking door opening and closing. I used to imitate the sound of that creaking door to give my kid brother the hopping heebie-jeebies.

It always did. Especially in the dark of our bed room. Always good for a Big Brother giggle.
The "Mob" had one of the best Motives.
JFK forbade the media to refer to him as "Jack."

Eisenhower remarked "As long as I live, I'll answer to 'Ike.'"

As long as I live, I'll be � to anybody � jus' plain ol' "Ken."

edited to add �

( � except to certain lovely Honorary Daughters who hug me and call me "Uncle Ken.")
You're a true gentleman. I am honored to call you "Dr. Howell".
I like this guy's theory:

Fatal shot result of a negligent discharge by SS agent during assassination attempt.

He studies it rom a ballistician's POV and, IMHO, makes a more plausible case than any other.

I thought Oliver Stone's movie was funny. The premise there was that everyone was involved in the plot except for Oliver Stone and JFK.
Posted By: Partsman The true facts of JFK's Death - 08/27/10
He suffered a traumatic brain injury, died, is still dead and the rest is just pure conjecture.

[Linked Image]
Cats, they say, have nine lives.

Cats envy some dead horses.
� certain lovely Honorary Daughters � preteens to middle 'ties � who hug me and call me "Uncle Ken."

Friend who's seen some of 'em suggests that I post some pix.

That wouldn't be a kind thing to do.

Some of you whippersnappers'd be chewing the ceiling.
I'm glad you seemed to find a conspiracy theory book which footnotes your friend doctor and suggests he was there. Fact is, he wasn't. The doctors who were present and who tended to the President have testified ad nauseum as to who was present in that room and Porto wasn't one of them.

Squeeze....every single point you brought up has been roundly refuted and disproven and if you don't wish to do the research, that's your call. Have you read Posner? Have you read Locke? The alleged forgeries, the throat injury; all have been shown to be conspiracy fallacy and disproven. If you only wish to read that which sustains your position,via conspiracy routes,have at it. Your 41 foot,brain bone conspiracy theory has been blown out of the water by my link provided so let me know if you need me to do so for the throat injury, as well. Or, you can research it for yourself.
Porto was there . He was a lowly resident but he WAS there . I was surprised that when I googled his name , all the stuff was about his connection to the assasination even though he WAS a world class surgeon . Apparently he never tried to exploit his 15 minutes of fame with regard to JFK .

His boss , DR. Mc Clellen , didn't agree with the autopsy photos either , for whatever THAT is worth .

Your side is stuck with a House Commitee Report that concludes Oswald didn't act alone .I don't have to [ and don't ] buy into any of the conspiracy theory books in order to agree with their finding .I don't even have to agree with the way they reached their conclusion .

My lawyer mentor , Gene Jericho , told me several times that in a wrongful death case , we didn't have to offer an alternate theory ; we only had to disprove the plantiff's theory .

Then he always added ;" But juries sure do like one ".

I think that explains the success of even poorly researched and written conspiracy books .

I'm perfectly content with the notion that Oswald didn't act alone and I'm willing to leave it there .

You can never be proven right , and I can never be proven wrong !

It's just the way things are ! grin

I give you the last word .
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/grossman.htm
Neck Region

Films #8, 9 and 10 allowed visualization of the lower neck.
Subcutaneous emphysema is present just to the right of the
cervical spine immediately above the apex of the right lung.
Also, several, small metallic fragments are present in this
region. There is no evidence of fracture of either scapula or of
the clavicles, or of the ribs or of any of the cervical and
thoracic vertebrae.

The foregoing observations indicate that the pathway of the
projectile involving the neck was confined to a region to the
right of she spine and superior to a plane passing through the
upper margin of the right scapula, the apex of the right lung and
the right clavicle. Any other pathway would have almost certainly
fractured one or more bones of the right shoulder girdle and
thorax.

Other Regions Studied
No bullets or fragments of bullets are demonstrated in
X-rayed portions of the body other than those described above. On
film #13, a small round opaque structure a little more than 1 mm.
in diameter, is visible just to the right of the midline at the
level of the sacral segment of the spine. Its smooth
characteristics are not similar to those of the projectile
fragments seen in the X-rays of the skull and neck.

EXAMINATION OF THE CLOTHING

Suit Coat (CE 393)

A ragged oval hole about 15 mm. long (vertically) is located
5 cm. to the right of the midline in the back of the coat at a
point about 12 cm. below the upper edge of the coal collar. A
smaller ragged hole, which is located near the midline and about
4 cm. below the upper edge of the collar, does not overlie any
corresponding damage to the shirt or skin and appears to be
unrelated to the wounds or their causation.

Shirt (CE 394)

A ragged hole about 10 mm. long vertically and corresponding
to the first one described in the coat, is located 2.5 cm. to the
right of the midline in the back of the shirt at a point 14 cm.
below the upper edge of the collar. Two linear holes 15 mm. long
are found in the overlapping hems of the front of the shirt in a
position corresponding to the place where the knot of the necktie
would normally be.

Tie (CE 395)

In the front component of the knot of the tie in the outer
layer of fabric, a ragged tear about 5 mm. in maximum diameter is
located 2.5 cm. below the upper edge of the knot and to the left
of the midline.

DISCUSSION

The information disclosed by the joint examination of the
foregoing exhibits by the members of The Panel supports the
following conclusions;

The decedent was wounded by two bullets, both of which
entered his body from behind.

One bullet struck the back of the decedent's head well above
the external occipital protuberance. Based upon the observation
that he was leaning forward with his head turned obliquely to the
left when this bullet struck, the photographs and X-rays indicate
that it came from a site above and slightly to his right. This
bullet fragmented after entering the cranium, one major piece of
it passing forward and laterally to produce an explosive fracture
of the right side of the skull as it emerged from the head.

The absence of metallic fragments in the left cerebral
hemisphere or below the level of the frontal fossa on the right
side together with the absence of any holes in it the skull to
the left of the midline or in its base and the absence of any
penetrating injury of the left hemisphere, eliminate with
reasonable certainty the possibility of a projectile having
passed through the head in any direction other than from back to
front as described in preceding sections of this report.

The other bullet struck the decedent's back at the right
side of the base of the neck between the shoulder and spine and
emerged from the front of his neck near the midline. The
possibility that this bullet might have followed a pathway other
than one passing through the site of the tracheotomy wound was
considered. No evidence for this was found. There is a track
between the two cutaneous wounds as indicated by subcutaneous
emphysema and small metallic fragments on the X-rays and the
contusion of the apex of the right lung and laceration of the
trachea described in the Autopsy Report. In addition, any path
other than one between the two cutaneous wounds would almost
surely have been intercepted by bone and the X-ray films show no
bony damage in the thorax or neck.

The possibility that the path of the bullet through the neck
might have been more satisfactorily explored by the insertion of
a finger or probe was considered. Obviously the cutaneous wound
in the back was too small to permit the insertion of a finger.
The insertion of a metal probe would have carried the risk of
creating a false passage in part, because of the changed
relationship of muscles at the time of autopsy and in part
because of the existence of postmortem rigidity. Although the
precise path of the bullet could undoubtedly have been
demonstrated by complete dissection of the soft tissue between
the two cutaneous wounds, there is no reason to believe that the
information disclosed thereby would alter significantly the
conclusions expressed in this report.

SUMMARY

Examination of the clothing and of the photographs and X-
rays taken at autopsy reveal that President Kennedy was struck by
two bullets fired from above and behind him, one of which
traversed the base of the neck on the right side without striking
bone and the other of which entered the skull from behind and
exploded its right side.

The photographs and X-rays discussed herein support the
above-quoted portions of the original Autopsy Report and the
above-quoted medical concludions of the Warren Commission Report.

© 24hourcampfire