Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
No Ken,

He was sent to the island of misfit toys.

Figured you may have seen him on one of your hunts there.

I never hunted there.

Caught all that I could, brought 'em home, and turned 'em loose on the Campfire.

You can go back, if you want to.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ken,

Leave the toys alone an catch a clue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There was a book called Case Closed that thoroughly refuted the conspiracy theories, and demonstrated that Oswald could have done it.

The grassy knoll had spectators on it; how was someone going to sit there, aim and fire a high powered rifle without being noticed?

As just a general comment - the government has a hell of a time keeping real secrets - like the names of spies and submarine sonar software. How the heck would they keep such a conspiracy a secret?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
As just a general comment - the government has a hell of a time keeping real secrets - like the names of spies and submarine sonar software. How the heck would they keep such a conspiracy a secret?

(a) A lone whackjob that got lucky.

(b) A giant conspiracy between the gov't and a parties unknown that killed the president using multiple people, tampered with evidence, manipulate multiple local, state and federal investigative bodies, killed others thta were involved, destroyed all physical evidence of said conspiracy and then everyone involved stayed quiet about it for 45+ years.

I'll go with (a)

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
(a) works for me!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by jorgeI
No doubt that shot came from the rear. NONE

Looked like a second shot from the rear. But low, street level.
Not from an elevated window.
First hit ( small caliber ) from ? front right?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
My cousin's husband spent about forty years with the Dallas PD and was outside the basement when Ruby shot Oswald. Very strange.

A friend of my Dad's taken his two girls over to see Oswald's grave. Lee Harvey's mom was out there decorating it and shook her fist at them as they drove by.

Ruby had stage 4 cancer and took out Oswald on the way to his first testimony!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deersmeller

Anybody read that book or heard of it?

The book is The Texas Connection by Craig Zirbel and published by Wright & Co.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pugs

(b) A giant conspiracy between the gov't and a parties unknown that killed the president using multiple people, tampered with evidence, manipulate multiple local, state and federal investigative bodies, killed others thta were involved, destroyed all physical evidence of said conspiracy and then everyone involved stayed quiet about it for 45+ years.

I'll go with (a)
I don't think you even believe your own post. You jump to the conclusion that the conspiracy had to be a giant one? A few people could give orders that would be followed to the letter by people who had no idea why they were doing what they were doing and then actually carried out by persons who didn't even know who initially gave the orders. You get used to it in the military and the government service is the same way because if you don't you at least are never promoted and could be fired. Then, even though you, as a worker bee, basically know nothing, you are already sworn to secrecy by agreements you have signed and orders you are given. A huge number of people could be unknowingly involved with only a few at the very top knowing the whole story. It's all about orders.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
know a guy here in corpus who has passed but he leased the parr (George parr) ranch in duval county in the late 50s early 60s.he told my father that he saw oswald on parrs ranch practicing his shooting shortly before kennedy was shot. the parrs were responsible for getting LBJ elected to the senate with the help of a bunch of dead voters from jim wells county. google duke of duval

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I don't think you even believe your own post. You jump to the conclusion that the conspiracy had to be a giant one? A few people could give orders that would be followed to the letter by people who had no idea why they were doing what they were doing and then actually carried out by persons who didn't even know who initially gave the orders. You get used to it in the military and the government service is the same way because if you don't you at least are never promoted and could be fired. Then, even though you, as a worker bee, basically know nothing, you are already sworn to secrecy by agreements you have signed and orders you are given. A huge number of people could be unknowingly involved with only a few at the very top knowing the whole story. It's all about orders.

After 20 years in the military and another dozen working in a business where secrets are taken very very very seriously I have never found a case where "worker bees" do what thye are told without thinking nor have I ever found a case where a secret held by more than one person stays that way. IMO, having done this my entire adult life I still believe (a) is the answer.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems to me that Oswald couldn't shoot 3 rounds from that Mosin Nagant in 7.5 seconds. That's for sure. So there is some BS covered up by the Warren commision. Sure he may have been a shooter but one of many. Politicians,government people,lawyers don't want the Ten commandments posted in their buildings because it makes for a hostile work place.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's incredibly naive. I'm not saying they were following orders that were even questionable. You go to point A and tell person B that he can't be saying such-and-such. You trust your boss, the Colonel, whomever. It's done. The right hand never knows what the left is doing. I'm not talking a bunch of nefarious crap, but just day-to-day business. None of this is a stretch at all. The party-line is the story that's completely unbelievable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pugs

I'll go with (a)
Again Pugs, you are going against the current party-line. The government has had, by my count, three formal investigations into this, starting with the Warren Commission and ending with one done by Clinton. The House Select Committee on Assassinations found that the likelihood was that JFK met his death at the hands of more than one person. Then they backtracked and IIRC, said it wasn't a conspiracy. This latter is mind-boggling. IOW, JFK was so hated, several people with different motivations, were shooting at him all at once. Still, it is a different and more plausible explanation than the one you are offering, given the evidence. I don't remember a lot about the investigation in the 90's but it seemed to go a step further and possibly suggest a conspiracy, but again, I don't remember for sure. The bottom-line is that our own government has said there were more people involved than just Oswald and basically disavowed the Warren Report, which is what you are aligning with.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Mr. Younger done gone and got hisself bit by a moonbat!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

a conspiracy of the magnitude required for a government sponsored whacking of a president, setting up a loser to take the fall, whacking him, getting the whacker to keep his mouth shut, and then subborning the entire Warren Commission and its staff into the deal....and after almost fifty years nobody has blown what would be the biggest story and news scoop in history...... is so far fetched and so impossible that it's hard to believe people are still arguing about it.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Mr. Younger done gone and got hisself bit by a moonbat!!
I am not consumed by it but I don't believe Oswald even did it, let alone acted by himself. The evidence is contrary to that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.

a conspiracy of the magnitude required for a government sponsored whacking of a president, setting up a loser to take the fall, whacking him, getting the whacker to keep his mouth shut, and then subborning the entire Warren Commission and its staff into the deal....and after almost fifty years nobody has blown what would be the biggest story and news scoop in history...... is so far fetched and so impossible that it's hard to believe people are still arguing about it.
Everybody keeps talking about a secret. What secret? Everybody knows Oswald didn't kill him or didn't do it on his own. People have stood up and publicly said so. They were either discredited or dead. I have no idea what it all means, but there it is. To believe otherwise is less credible than believing what is before your eyes and evident. In the end, it is the individual's own choice though.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Same applies to a mafia or union conspiracy or collusion.

William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Everybody knows Oswald didn't kill him or didn't do it on his own.
==================

Actually, that is not accurate,at all.

William Arthur Ward

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (303savage, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 32 invisible), 1,237 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,518
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.