Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by curdog4570

When Ruby nailed Oswald , that one event made certain that otherwise sane persons - such as myself - would never believe that Oswald acted alone .

why? the fact that a flake like Ruby whacked Oswald, was allowed to live, and never implicated anyone else would not seem to be evidence one way or the other about Oswald's co-conspirators or lack therof.

it was a damn poor conspiracy if an alcoholic strip club owner was the best they could do, and then they didn't whack their shooter too. if there had really been a conpiracy and Ruby was part of it, why was he allowed to grow old and die in prison?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forgot to add that whomsoever dunnit is owed a tremendous debt of gratitude by the citizens of this nation .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It wasn�t me� but I did see him the day before�..

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Out of curiousity, how long did it take for Watergate to break?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know anything about international banks, rouge CIA agents, fluoride salesmen, or martians being involved, but I don't think Oswald executed those shots under those circumstances. It wouldn't take much of a conspiracy to have one more shooter involved. Maybe just another oddball like Oswald.

I'm better when I move.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pete E
Out of curiousity, how long did it take for Watergate to break?
Thank you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The reason the focused on Oswald so quickly was because it was so obvious.

It was obvious that the shots came from the schoolbook depository. There were many witnesses DIRECTLY beneath the window who heard the shots. There were three witnesses in the building on the floor below who not only heard the shots, but actually heard the brass casings hitting the the thin plywood floor above their heads between the shots. Several of the witnesses on the ground actually saw the gunman and gave a description of him.

Later, when all the employees of the schoolbook depository were gathered, there was only one missing. Guess who? Lee Harvey Oswald, of course.

Almost at the same moment as officers were being told to go out and see if Oswald was home so they could talk to him, there were reports that a police officer had been shot in the area. No one had any idea that they were connected but as every available officer was sent to the area, the numerous witnesses to that shooting gave them descriptions and told them the man was in the Texas Theatre. They quickly apprehended him looking for nothing more than a cop killer at this point.

Once the figured out who they had in custody, it was easy to draw the lines.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I don't know anything about international banks, rouge CIA agents, fluoride salesmen, or martians being involved, but I don't think Oswald executed those shots under those circumstances. It wouldn't take much of a conspiracy to have one more shooter involved. Maybe just another oddball like Oswald.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux

It was obvious that the shots came from the schoolbook depository. There were many witnesses DIRECTLY beneath the window who heard the shots. There were three witnesses in the building on the floor below who not only heard the shots, but actually heard the brass casings hitting the the thin plywood floor above their heads between the shots. Several of the witnesses on the ground actually saw the gunman and gave a description of him.

Later, when all the employees of the schoolbook depository were gathered, there was only one missing. Guess who? Lee Harvey Oswald, of course.

Almost at the same moment as officers were being told to go out and see if Oswald was home so they could talk to him, there were reports that a police officer had been shot in the area. No one had any idea that they were connected but as every available officer was sent to the area, the numerous witnesses to that shooting gave them descriptions and told them the man was in the Texas Theatre. They quickly apprehended him looking for nothing more than a cop killer at this point.

What happened to your old Cassatojoe account?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What happened to your old Cassatojoe account?

That is what happens when you somehow get logged out and the only way to get on this board if you have long ago forgotten the password is to have an email sent to an email account that you long ago quit using and is no longer in existence.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks figured we would find out the truth about the assasination given time . We had not yet earned our PHD in cynicism .

Ruby offing Oswald creates a mindset that entertains the possibility of Kennedy's death being the result of a conspiracy .Once that mindset is established , certain events , factually reported at the time , added credibility to it .Autopsy discrepenciies come to mind .

But we still figured the "TRUTH" would come out .

It probably already has - in bits and pieces .

FWIW , Dr. Lito Porto of Arlington Tx did a milogram on my spine in 1978 . He was one of the nuerosurgeons called in to work on JFK . All he told me , and probably anyone else who asked him , was that the wounds described in the autopsy report didn't match up with what he saw in Dallas that afternoon .

That could have been ineptitude but more likely someone said ; " We gotta make this appear as the work of one shooter " and the guy giving the order may not have known a damn thing about whodunnit .He may have - like all good bureaucrats - sensed the prevailing winds and acted on his own .

Just doing his part to revent WWIII .

Once he had given that order , it's for damn sure he ain't ever gonna talk .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Exactly. Even if we give plausibilty there was a conspiracy to do this, my point was from the begginning, given the documentary I watched that Oswald was the ONLY shooter.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

That is what happens when you somehow get logged out and the only way to get on this board if you have long ago forgotten the password is to have an email sent to an email account that you long ago quit using and is no longer in existence.
Glad you made it back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uh , scuse me - none of my business actually - but are you under the impression that docmentery films don't go into production with the conclusion already scripted ?

I admit to watching every documentery film on the JFK deal I've run across and none of them convinced me one way or the other .

I just don't see how some of you can be so convinced - in either direction - based just on the known facts .

The jury may always be hung on this case , and I don't think it has a damn thing to do with the intelligence level of the jurors .

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
That documentary was on the History Channel.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
That documentary was on the History Channel.

So was the one that did a convincing (in a vacuum) job of putting it all on LBJ.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
just following out the logic trail.....you say the plot was to hire foreign dumbasses as shooters....they'd have to be pretty severely retarded foreigners not to recognize the fact that they're being hired to kill the president of the United States and cannot be allowed to collect their money and live, but we'll put that aside for now.

OK, foreign dumbass shooters (how many? two ? three?) get whacked in their turn by patriotic civil servants who fail to connect the dots and don't realize they're participating in an assassination conspiracy and committing murder in support of it.

But you can't stop there.....evidence must be manufactured, tampered with or destroyed as the case may be to protect the plot.

Officer Tippet has to be killed. Ruby recruited and somehow kept silent for years in prison.

Congress, Justice Dept, and the Warren Commission and all their staffs brought into the coverup....how many people do you have to kill because they won't play ball? and why on earth do people with nothing to gain from any of this not go straight to the FBI, or failing that....since they're all in on it too they won't do anything, right?..the entire FBI is part of the conspiracy......well, phones still work and how come none of the thousands of people who are now implicated drops a dime to the New York Times or the Washington Post?

I mean, it's really too absurd to give any credence to such nonsense. movies can ignore loose ends, but in reality they make such conspiracies impossible to organize and protect.

Steve, you're too logical... you're failing to suspend your disbelief and enable your Harry Potter gene!

<sigh> every time this idiocy comes up I go to my bookshelf and haul out my dog-eared copy of "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner. Posner's legal and research training brought him to look at every wild-ass conspiracy theorist and supposed witness, and then systematically run them to ground. EVERY conspiracy-buff whose rant I've ever had to listen to is refuted in Posner's concise but extremely detailed 506-page book.

The only reason Kennedy-assassination conspiracists still exist is, IMHO, because untreated Attention Deficit Disorder and illiteracy are so rampant in America today. People get their "information" from snippets of TV and internet hokum and because they lack the patience or reading skills to do any actual research, become self-proclaimed "skeptics" when in reality all they are is misinformed, or willfully ignorant at best.

Anyone who really cares about the truth of the Kennedy assassination, as opposed to just being a tinfoil hat chit-disturber, needs to read Posner's book in full.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So, if conspiracies in corruption in high places are so unlikely as to be practically speaking impossible to get away with, what were the Founding Fathers and the Framers of our Constitution so worried about? Why so many tight restrictions on the national government? Why so much public accountability? Why divide powers? Why all the checks and balances? Why so few and defined powers? What were they concerned about?
Does no one wish to take a shot at this?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
So, if conspiracies in corruption in high places are so unlikely as to be practically speaking impossible to get away with, what were the Founding Fathers and the Framers of our Constitution so worried about? Why so many tight restrictions on the national government? Why so much public accountability? Why divide powers? Why all the checks and balances? Why so few and defined powers? What were they concerned about?

Frankly, no.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obviously those tricorn hats were all lined with tinfoil...

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 44automag, 8 invisible), 795 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,388
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.