Sorry I haven't been tracking this thread as I should have been.
My Hornet had vertical stringing, bad, like about 3 inches, but no lateral dispersion at all. I tried lots of different loads, but they were all bad. This was at 50 yards too. I decided to do the least intrusive things first to see if those solved the problem, which thay didn't. I first had the forearm glass bedded and free'd from contact with barrel and receiver. I had the rib on top checked and made sure it didn't contact the top of the receiver in front. Finally, had the screw installed and that did solve the problem, in a very great way. I did have to tighten up the screw about two more turns from where the gunsmith had it set when he installed it. I don't recall how much he tightened it after it touched the barrel initially. I mention this because you may have to crank down on the screw pretty good to get it right. But now, the rifle is humming. I have no complaints at all about accuracy. I have no experience with the Hicks, except what I've read about them. I also read Ross Seyfried's article, as well as one by John Barsness and a guy who wrote an article in Precision Shooting, or The Accurate Rifle about fixing the Number 1. I think his name was Herrold. But, they both, at the time they wrote their articles, which was before the Hicks came out, recommended doing the set screw in the hanger fix.
I'm thinking about getting another number 1 Hornet and having it made into a K-Hornet.
Don

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member