Originally Posted by JRGunmaker
I hope John sells tons of his rifles and has to raise his prices to regulate the supply/demand.

Anytime I see a product in my field selling near the top of the pile, I think it's GREAT!

There will always be those trying finding a way not to justify how OTHER people spend their money. Constantly telling others where to find the lowest price on everything. Yet, when these same people go up for a review at work, I'd bet they NEVER tell their boss that they don't need a raise, and they'd be happy to do more for less money.

Yet, they're happy to do their part to try and keep the prices in the free market of custom gunmaking down. I'd guess I could understand if it was my TAX money paying or subsidizing the gunmakers wages, retirement, health insurance, vacation pay, sick days, kids college education.

[Linked Image]

If anyone wants to jump in and pay just my (or John's) insurance bill every month, please feel free to do so. If not, why criticize someone who prices their products in a manner that allows them to pay theirs?

As for the long distance shooting critters...
If you're comfortable doing it and have the equipment, experience and confidence to do so that's fine with me.

If you don't have confidence in your ability to do this DON'T tell others it's somehow unethical. My guess is that more critters run off shot inside 100 yards than outside 500 yards.

Thanks for the GREAT post JRG!!

One of the best I've read recently.

1 thing I can't understand is why it is considered bad form to post in another persons FREE classified that their price is too high but it is perfectly acceptable to some to post that the price of a item from a PAYING advertiser is too high?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.