Originally Posted by kcTbear
Thanks for the encouragement.
Concerning pressures, I'm a bit ignorant on the philosophy of where pressures are applied. I understand that a load developed on the lands creates much more pressures. How about the depth of the bullet into the brass? If the E-Tip is a long bullet for the such short neck of the .300 WM brass, 2/3 or better 3/4 of the bullet is inside the case. It's down passed the shoulders quite a bit inside. Does this not create unusual pressures that the exhaust of the powder has no direct line of exit? Or am I just way too over thinking this?

As far as powders and bullets, it's true, I've used a combination of Hornady 165g Interbond and Nosler E-Tip with either RL-22 or VihtVouri 165. That's it. Looks like I have a long way to go.

Over thinking? YES.

Try some inexpensive 180 gr. Hornady spire points. They work as well as the Noslers in my rifle and they were the bullet I loaded for my buddy's .300 wtby that were very accurate in his rifle.

One thing worth saying is, the most accurate handloads are not a cure for rifle problems.