Originally Posted by kcTbear

Bob
About lengthening the magazine with the 300H&H magazine, follower etc, how do you get around the feed ramp if it's a standard length action? I'm curious about this option as well.

kcT: On the M70,there is no feed ramp issue;it is already configured for the 300 Win mag.A M70 Classic action of 30/06-length is long enough,as it comes, for any H&H-length round.But in 300 WM,338,7RM,etc,they put a 30/06 length magazine box(actually there is a block in the magazine).

If you swap out the M70 Classic parts,(box,follower,bolt stop and ejector)for H&H length,there is no modification done to the feed ramp,no metal removed from the action itself.

I just had a custom rifle built on a Classic action originally chambered for the 270 Win.It has been converted to handle a belted magnum loaded to H&H length.You can do this with any M70 Classic of 30/06 length, ie build a 375H&H length cartridge on them;a nice thing about the design.

I think it can be done with a Ruger,but not quite so easily,and may require additional work...I am not certain as I have never had it done.

Last edited by BobinNH; 09/22/10.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.