Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Funny that most of the negative posts about the PP or PPK were from folks that have never owned one. IMHBAO the PP is the finest 9mm kurz in the world.

It is my favorite "Sunday go to meeting" piece in the safe. Nevertheless it is not a "lady's" gun due to the heavy trigger pull and stiff slide spring.

I had two PPK's, the first a PPK/S that I broke in and carried a lot for about 5 years, the second a used German PPK which I picked up to see if it was better than the Interarms PPK/S (it wasn't). Despite being heavy for its size, the .380 ACP PPK kicks harder (90 gr ammo) than a Kahr PM9 loaded with 124 gr JHP. Both of my PPK's (and every other PPK I've had occasion to meet & shoot, perhaps half a dozen in total) were fussy with ammo.

There's no denying the PP and PPK are beautiful guns. If you've got a serious jones to own one, and you find it fits your hand and your chosen defensive ammo, you may well keep it. But there are a lot of better subcompact autoloaders available for the same price (or lower).

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars