Originally Posted by wldthg
[Linked Image] CLB Even thou my Father owned my hunting camp, this is the camp he hunted out of in the late 50's right up until he died in 1986. This camp was thought to be the place to be during the Vermont deer season. The three owners were my fathers best friends. The camp is located about 1/2 mile into Vermont from the New York Border . Thousands of acres of woods surround it. One of the owners was a Baker by trade and did not hunt that much, spent most all day baking pies and fresh bread. At an early age my brother and myself were guest here for dinner. One cannot explain really what it was like to spend time in one of these camps. At a very young age I learned the saying " What is said and done in a hunting camp never leaves the camp"--- As the men got older they still went in for 7-10 days but the hunting became more and more at the poker table in the Bar. Now the sons of the owners and friends go in on a Friday, hunt Saturday- Monday and leave on Tuesday. Thanks Web

That's the classic cabin....one of these days I'll build one like that for myself. Your story reminds me of one I just read in Field & Stream online about a deer camp in Vermont. It's called "Good Deer Camps Never Die." It was submitted to F&S by a hunter in 2006 and subsequently published. I think the story is very good, and takes only about five minutes to read.

Here's the link:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/hunting/2010/10/fs-classic-good-deer-camps-never-die?page=0%2C0

[Linked Image]