Originally Posted by Rug3
bbassi'
I'm assuming that these are pictures of the lean-to at High Falls.
The first time I saw the lean-to at High Falls was July 1951. Great Black Fly country. I went there with my Boy Scout troop for an overnight hike/camping outing.
Returned many times to fish and hunt from that spot. Warms my heart to see that the area is still being visited.
If my information is correct the lean-to has been rebuilt three times since then. Do you remember any dates carved into the wood?
It's been a long time since being there. It is one of those places that's burned into my history with great memories.
So glad you had a great time there.
Jim

Rug, the earliest date we could see on this one was 1970, but the put a raised floor in it about 5 years ago according to the ranger and there are older dates down below that are covered up for ever now. We actually slept in tents and used the lean-to for a kitchen mostly. There was a journal on there that went back to '98. It was fun to read about the "bears" (porkies) eating the outhouse at night and how the city slickers planned to deal with the "bears" if they came to the lean-to. grin

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.