Before I was old enough to hunt, I watched three 150 gr. .308" Hornady Interlocks explode on the surface of a single deer's shoulder fired from my father's .30-06. We had to track the deer through 18" of snow in a forage sorghum field. Dad's hunting partner was the one that got the killing shot at the deer and he killed it on the run with a shot to the neck from a .270 Win. The deer's shoulder looked like it had bloody water balloons tossed at it from dad's .30-06. They didn't penetrate, the range was around 100 yds. I'm sure Hornady makes a good bullet, but dad must have gotten a bad batch for some reason. But that experience caused dad to NEVER shoot a Hornady again, and has caused me to never hunt with one. Again, I'm not running down Hornady, but one freaky incident can certainly change a hunter's opinion of a bullet. I'm sure folks had similar experiences with early Nosler Ballistic Tips, which is my favorite deer bullet in .30 caliber, but I haven't had that type of experience.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile