Originally Posted by mikeshickele
it's not the ones that I "did not" recover that I'm concerned about........which is none. it's the ones that I "might not" recover. A person can drive thousands of miles without a spare tire, never needing one, thinking that only a fool would carry something that was so useless......until the day that they needed it.
The same holds true for a bullet. There will be a day when that bullets hits the heavier bone, and when that day comes, if the bullet that you are using seperates when it hits the ribcage, a person could find themselves unable to recover an animal that will eventually die due to it's wounds.
Up until a short while ago, my experience with the hornady .308 180gr interlock, was that it was a bullet that would hold together in difficult situations. My, and others experience over the last season has shown that this is no longer the case. If you so choose to continue to use this bullet, that is your choice, BUT, when I see a problem with a product that could potentially wound animals and wreck hunts, I feel obligated to mention something about it; to the company that is producing the product, and other hunters that may be effected by this change.
Mike

Interesting.

How many total big game animals of all kinds have you killed with Hornady Interlocks(all calibers)?

Last edited by jim62; 12/19/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt