Originally Posted by Oregon45
Agreed. You would be better off learning to use a good set of peep sights.

Here's why they suck: long eye relief comes with limited eye box, unless your head is properly positioned you won't get a good look through a scout scope. It is slower, for me, to use a scout scope than it is to use a conventionally mounted scope of the same magnification.

The only useful application I have seen for the Leupold 2x EER scout scope is on large bore Ruger #1's where they allow for forward mounting using the factor Ruger rings. In that application, the additional eye relief is useful, but the eyebox is noticeably smaller than the view through a conventional Leupold 2.5x.

As for the Burris scope specifically, I have seen them and looked through one mounted on a Savage scout rifle. It was inferior, to my eye, to the Leupold, which was, in turn, inferior to the standard Leupold M8 2.5x.

If you must have a forward mounted optic, check out a good red dot such as the Aimpoint Micro or Trijicon RMR. They're light, small and fast to work with.
...........Ore 45.........At least you explained the why.

Scouts take a little practice to get use to them. But once I did, mine serves me well when I do use it.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger