I've had mine since 1995 and I still love it. Still have some of Kimber's 1995 advertisements on it. They were even available in .22-250, .243, and .308. Mine's a 6.5x55; they just used the original barrel and recontured, shortened and recrowned it. The ad states that the ones in .22-50, .243 and .308 have a new factory barrel. I've never seen one of those Kimbers in anything but 6.5x55 so I guess the other ones didn't sell too well. I put a Timney Sportsman trigger in it and had to address some bedding issues on that Ram-Line stock they put on it but it's a sweet shooter with handloads within book limits. The military barrels have a real long throat which is probably why mine never liked the lighter bullets. My favorite load uses 129 gr. Hornady Spire Points and IMR-4831. I've spoken with a couple other owners over the years and they were both fond of theirs also. For loads I stick to bullets 129 gr. and up and powders all on the slow side, such as the 4831's, RL-19, RL-22, 4350, and IMR-7828 depending on what bullet and what weight.